Michelins - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes

Old 10-06-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Michelins

As anyone run the Michelin Anakee wild tires ? I can get a good deal on a set but don't know anyone that has used them. I was going with the Karro's but tempted by the Michelins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 04:56 PM

Don't think they come in right rear wheel size for Africa twin

CZ 360, DT175, xt600, fzr600, r1100gs, r1150r, drz400, f800gs, r1200gs, r1200gsLC, CRF1000L
Old 10-07-2016, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

I stuck the AT bike details in the Michelin website and it came back with the anakee's 90/90-21 54H so that's 212kg load rating and 210kmh and 150/70 R18 70H 335kg load rating and again 210kmh so I thought they would be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Garage
I haven't got my AT yet order 1st week of August and been told by dealer delivery mid November, I went to the Honda Adventure Centre in Wales and the Metzler Karoo 3s are fantastic on and off road on both the manual and DCT, but I have also been looking at the Anakee Wild tyres and all the write-ups that i have read indicate they are superior to the Continental TK80's and the Metzler Karoo 3's

I have over the years put a lot of faith in Michelin tyres on any vehicle, agricultural tractors, HGV lorries, Cars and Motorbikes and never been let down so its really hard to decide do i order untried Michelins on the strength of reviews or the Metzlers which i know are good and have tested myself.

Regards

XR1505

Bikes :- Dailey ride MSX125
Spin out with the wife CB1300F
Nice sunny Sundays CRF450X
On order trip colour CRF1000L
Old 10-08-2016, 10:41 AM

The Michelin Anakee Wild is shown on the Michelin website as being suitable for the Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L. However it is almost certainly an error as when you look at the available tyre sizes there are five versions available none of them in R18.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:35 PM

Response from Michelin below re Michelin Anakee wild tyres showing available for Africa Twin

Our website is jumping the gun a touch by showing the 18" rear, that's not with us until July of next year 2017

I've requested that we remove the listings for the Arica Twin, you're quite right as it stands we don't have a recommended fitment for the bike.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,

Tony

Tony Charlton
2w Product Technical Manager

UK & ROI
Old 09-02-2018, 10:46 AM

To resurrect this old thread, I've used the front Michelin Anakee Wild and it is excellent.
It's still on my AT with 6,500 kilometres on the tire and looks like it'll do another couple thousand.
This is one of the most stable and reassuring front tires I've used on a dual sport bike. It really connects and grips in all conditions and is a strong road performer.
I used it on a Western Canada/Alaska journey in dirt, gravel, muck and pavement. It worked very well in all situations.
I'll be buying another one next spring to do another cross-Canada and back journey.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

Old 03-17-2019, 12:31 AM

I just ordered a set of Anakee Wild for my AT and I'm wondering, any issue with clearance between the front fender and the tire? There's minimal clearance with the stock tire so hopefully there won't be any rubbing.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 AM

I have the Rugged Roads fender lift but I'm 98% sure that even without it you won't have any issue with clearance between the tire and fender. The front knobs are only 6-7 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
I just ordered a set of Anakee Wild for my AT and I'm wondering, any issue with clearance between the front fender and the tire? There's minimal clearance with the stock tire so hopefully there won't be any rubbing.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

Old 05-18-2019, 06:18 PM

I know this thread is a few months old, but I have a set of the Mich Wild on my ATAS for the last 700 miles, 90% on road. I have had zero issues with them. I ride fairly hard, lean way over in the corners and generally hooligan the ATAS as much as I can. The only question will be longevity with my 90% on road usage.
superfunkomatic likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in