Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41

Hi folks. I just picked up my new AT DCT less than a month ago. I've been riding mostly on paved roads, but I have tried a few gravel backroads, nothing too demanding. My bike has the stock Battlax A41 tires and I haven't found too much in the way of AT riders impressions of these tires. I personally didn't feel too stable on the gravel road, but I'm also new to this style of riding. A friend recommended getting tires that are better suited to off road since the A41's appear to be more of a street tire. Anyone care to share their experience with these tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 02:54 PM

I also picked up my new AT last month, it also has the Bridgestones fitted.

I found they were very hard and had little feedback. I checked the tyre pressures before every ride just to make sure. They felt as if they were at 60psi!

Riding the bike gave me a sore neck and arse after half an hour or so.

At the first service, I had a pair of Metzeler Tourance Next tyres fitted. The bike was transformed, much more feedback and no aches or pains.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
At the first service, I had a pair of Metzeler Tourance Next tyres fitted. The bike was transformed, much more feedback and no aches or pains.
How did installing new & different tires reduce aches/pains?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 02:25 AM

I know it sounds daft, but it did. I think the sidewalls may be too inflexible.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 03:42 PM

Just got my 2018 delivered today and managed 155 mile round trip what a fantastic bike. Regarding the stock tyres I had no problem with them at all. I did not go off road but single track mainly tarmac with lots of loose gravel. Took 50 or so miles to scrub in but after that rode ok with plenty of feedback for me with fast road riding.

But as said can not comment with anything off road as yet.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:09 AM

The Bridgestone are a new tyre and watching the test launch on them in Morocco the bikes which were all different makes and sizes performed very well on them.
I'm no demon rider but the Dunlop OEM that honda fitted to earlier model AT were diabolical. I had the rear stepping out and the front bouncing from lack of give in the tyre. The suspension is set up for my weight so I knew it wasn't that. I've swapped to the A41 and it fills you with confidence in corners. I can stamp on the rear and the abs doesn't cut it half as early now, probably sacrifice on tyre life as it's defo stickier but with a 21inch front we haven't got a race bike anyway. We were designed to go anywhere and that's what it does , and we'll now I've got the Bridgestone on. I used to use scorpion trail 2 on a tiger 800. Do the sizes for these AT too. Was very impressed.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM

My bike had A41s on when I bought it, I've since replaced the front with a Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2. The A41 tyre had worn terribly, it was badly cupped, the only feeling I got from it was a weird feeling like it was sliding away in bends. Sort of like a floaty feeling. The Pirelli on the other hand inspires confidence in the wet or dry. I will be replacing the rear with another Trail 2 when it's worn.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
Always try just one more time. -Thomas Edison

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page