Alpina or Bartubless - Page 7 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 31Likes

post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:38 AM

Have had my Outex conversion for about 8 months with no appreciable air loss, so pretty pleased so far.

GL1800A, KLR 650, ATAS, 1972 CT2 Cessna Skylane
Fly low, fly high, but fly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascooter View Post
Pictures and feedback please. Also, let us know what tires you go with. Thx.
I will use them with the Scorpion Trail 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox966 View Post
I think Iíll keep my 2016 as well. Looks ti be the best of all Worlds. New Adv Sport may be too big while the sport version seems inadequate for touring. Anyway my question is what was reason you chose Bartubless? (As you seem very knowledgeble on the subject)
I choose bartubless for the following reasons

1. Vs. OUTEX : The Outex application success is highly depended on the skills of the person that would do the job. Also, the OEM front rim does not have the antibead lip. I do not trust this approach.

2. Vs. Alpina : each nipple has its own o-ring....to an engineer (that I am) this means 36 potential leak points. I rejected them even before checking the price tag, which is way too high anyway..

3. Vs. KINEO : best solution by far, but, way way too expensive

The Bartubless, in my opinion is a superior solution even vs. OEM approaches like the KTM one. Also, they use EXCEL rims which are among the best worldwide. They are repairable with their kit and the cost is rather affordable.

Having received them alright, I can tell that the quality is SUPERB!!! so are their services.
dascooter and silverfox966 like this.
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 05:06 AM

Thanks a lot. Which version did you go for? As i am not en engineer it is not straight fwd for me to see the costs vs benefits what they offer on their site. So thatís why I am asking.
dascooter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Which version did you go for? As i am not en engineer it is not straight fwd for me to see the costs vs benefits what they offer on their site. So thatís why I am asking.
Bartubless offers the following services:

1. you ship them you wheels and they process the back one to apply the polymer. On the front one, they change the rim with one that has the hump to prevent tire extraction in case of a flat, and they use your hub and spokes. This is the less costly solution

2. You buy a full set of new wheels, available at a variety of colours. Those are ready to install wheels. If you want you buy also for extra cash the cushdrive.

I chose option 2, because I want to keep my OEM wheels in case something goes wrong at any given time in the future.
dascooter and silverfox966 like this.
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 06:05 PM

Agree on Bartubless went with the Rugged Roads supplied ... used for 5 months and they are fabulous no issues. Had a week long ride in Spain / France in October not the slightest issue
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros Galiatsis View Post
Bartubless offers the following services:

1. you ship them you wheels and they process the back one to apply the polymer. On the front one, they change the rim with one that has the hump to prevent tire extraction in case of a flat, and they use your hub and spokes. This is the less costly solution

2. You buy a full set of new wheels, available at a variety of colours. Those are ready to install wheels. If you want you buy also for extra cash the cushdrive.

I chose option 2, because I want to keep my OEM wheels in case something goes wrong at any given time in the future.
Petros, are you happy with the new set of wheels? Have you also ordered the cush drive?
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Petros, are you happy with the new set of wheels? Have you also ordered the cush drive?
I did not find time to install them yet. It is a crazy period at work.

The cush drive was part of the offer Bartubless quoted; they provided it with no additional cost.
Meshari14 likes this.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Thanks . I think Inorder it as well. Before the end of the year as the Italian VAT goes up next year...
Petros Galiatsis likes this.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Hi all. In the UK at least there is another version: Airtight from CWC. Google it.
Like BART (which I tried early on on a 500X - leaked slowly) but a vulcanised rubber band.
Flexes better with the wheel I like to think.
Tried it in the desert on a Himalayan earlier this year with no probs (with Slime).
May get it done to the back of an AT I might shortly buy.

With all this TL converting, DIY or others, TPMS is a very good idea (it is anyway, imo).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page