Best Pavement tires for the AT - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Best Pavement tires for the AT

Looking for your opinion on what's the best pavement tire for the AT

I have Mitas E-07+ 50/50 on now but I am wondering what a street tire would be like for a long highway trip with my Harley friends

Birdman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:50 AM

What I have seen and an currently debating are the Conti Trail Attack 2s and the tourence something tires are the two most recommended. I will likely be getting the trail attacks in the next week.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 AM

Scorpion Trails are very well respected and favourite choice in Greece.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 08:22 AM

Garage
Either Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 or the OE (at least here in Europe for the Standard) Bridgestone A41. I'm replacing my current A41s (at almost 13000 km) and I can only speak well of them.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:38 PM

Garage
I had three sets of Conti TA 2 on GS and was very happy with them. Last set was Tourance Next which was also good. Now having Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 on AT and couldn't be happier, after TKC70 which was a compromise. TKC70 were better on gravel but very sensitive for tarmac scratches, however excellent grip both dry and wet tarmac.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mek- View Post
I had three sets of Conti TA 2 on GS and was very happy with them. Last set was Tourance Next which was also good. Now having Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 on AT and couldn't be happier, after TKC70 which was a compromise. TKC70 were better on gravel but very sensitive for tarmac scratches, however excellent grip both dry and wet tarmac.
Been riding for now 2.5 years on both Continetals, they are great tires however they do square much too fast to me, of course I ride almost only on road
but next tires I'll be testing are the Metzeler Karoo Street, many tests seem to say they are slightly better than the Scorpions.
Anyway Pirelli owns Metzeler so apparently you could think these are Metzeler's version of Scorpions.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:01 AM

I have some scorpions on the way now. You guys drove a hard bargain.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 AM

Continental has just bought out Trail Attack 3's - these will be my next tire when my TA 2's wear out
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djairouks View Post
Been riding for now 2.5 years on both Continetals, they are great tires however they do square much too fast to me, of course I ride almost only on road
but next tires I'll be testing are the Metzeler Karoo Street, many tests seem to say they are slightly better than the Scorpions.
Anyway Pirelli owns Metzeler so apparently you could think these are Metzeler's version of Scorpions.

I'm just 500 miles into a new set of Karoo street and love them, quick warm up nice roll in and so much more confidence than with the OE dunlops. Feel good in the wet and i'm slowly pushing them more when I can. Can't make any comments on longevity yet though, but all in they're a winner in my book.
Djairouks likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 09:06 AM

+1 for Scorpion Trail 2's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page