Any road/tarmac wheels available (non-spoked)? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By doug b adv

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Any road/tarmac wheels available (non-spoked)?

I will be using dedicated sets for on and off road use... are there any wheels available that are not spoked? I can't see going through the trouble of installing outex or equivalent on spoked wheels with no front bead to run tubeless, only to worry about potential leaks, etc. I know the R1200GS has an unspoked wheel option, but I cannot find anything for the AT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 05:28 PM

I have not heard of it either. Everyone mentions outex or going cheap diy on 3M tape.

Give it time though. There will be wheels. Just expect to pay 1500 for a set when they come out. I can almost guarantee it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
I will be using dedicated sets for on and off road use... are there any wheels available that are not spoked? I can't see going through the trouble of installing outex or equivalent on spoked wheels with no front bead to run tubeless, only to worry about potential leaks, etc. I know the R1200GS has an unspoked wheel option, but I cannot find anything for the AT.
For the front run the outex or 3m but keep a tube in there and seal the valve stem. Best of both worlds

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:07 AM

Kineo wheels are available. They are tubeless spoked but may as well be non spoked as the spokes don't penetrate into the air space. I have the Alpina wheels which are tubeless spoked but the spokes are sealed with O rings. They have not leaked any air in 14 months. Kineo cost a bit more than Alpina but they are the best option for tubeless in my opinion
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Yes I am narrowing down choices for my off-road set of wheels and will likely go with Kineo, but will be keeping the tubes for airing down and riding off road I think.

I would really prefer a set of regular wheels for street use though. I am surprised there is not a single option. Does anyone know if the 1200GS wheels will bolt up?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:04 PM

Street Tires from Rally Raid

Rally Raid has a set of 19/17 wheels for the AT. They even include a new tone ring for the front ABS so the speedo is correct. I can not post links yet but copy, past and replace dot with .

www dot rally-raidproducts dot co dot uk/honda-crf1000l-africa-twin/Crf1000l-tubeless-low-wheels

I have not gotten a pair yet but they are on my short list. My plan is to put a set of 80/20's on the smaller rims and a set of 50/50's or 40/60's on the stock rims.
MildlyInterested likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I saw this set. Was hoping to find a non-spoked wheel, since that is really what makes sense for this purpose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in