Spokes Update - Page 12 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 18Likes

post #111 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 05:43 PM

Honda customer service is crap. I have leaking fork seals which also have ruined my brake pads. Contacted my dealer which said seals are not covered under warranty. Reading what’s covered in the warranty it stated that forks are covered & fork seals are part of the forks. Contacted Honda customer service twice, no response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Garage
I'm really very surprised when I read all this stuff.
I've written that none of my bikes have ever had a warranty problem.
Only four bikes, but over thirty years.

I used to know an engineer who designed auto parts and was instructed to design flaws that would cause failure at a preset mileage or date; repairs and replacement parts have become more lucrative than vehicle sales for manufacturers.

Live to ride
post #113 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
Next years bike 2018 has SS spokes I think anything pre that model will have the issue that is shown above. I have had mine replaced but the same problem has come back.
Hey SkipD where did you buy your bike? I was getting mine serviced last week and I mentioned about the spoke issue every one is having and they told me they did not think it was that big an issue as they have only replaced spokes on one bike. Just wondering if it is the same dealer?

GET A GRIP........ON REALITY,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Just another thought, any one else in Oztralya had spoke issues. If so did you have any drama getting them replaced?

GET A GRIP........ON REALITY,
post #115 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 03:11 AM

I just reported my corroded spokes today, 14/12/17 to my local Honda dealer in West Australia, so I'll keep you all informed.... A bit of history; 2016 model with the supposed second generation spokes fitted from new, 1200klm's on the clock, 6 months old and well looked after. Spokes have pitted on the leading edge with corrosion on every spoke, as yet the rear is clear?

My extras to date include a full Arrow titanium exhaust, fuel booster, full Givi bars and Givi sump plate (a pain in the butt to fit with the titanium pipe - location of exhaust sensor), batzen screen adjuster and OEM heated grips. Things still to fit, Baja Design S2 pro lights, Oxford usb port and ATO engineering rear rack.. Happy to take questions about installation experiences..... Like torque settings for exhaust studs!!!! Cheers.
post #116 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bear View Post
Just another thought, any one else in Oztralya had spoke issues. If so did you have any drama getting them replaced?
I live in Ipswich Queensland and have had new spokes fitted to mine. The front wheel was the only one done because the rear looked fine. I had to wait ages for the spokes to arrive. Warranty work was given the ok in March, however job wasn't completed until around July. Top Gun in Ipswich did the work.

I wasn't entirely happy though. My bike was having starting issues where it would fire up and then stop. Despite having video footage of the bike taking up to 8 attempts to finally start, they did not want to replace the switch. Why? Because it didn't do it in their workshop. They cleaned the contacts etc and so far it has been better. Only very occasionally it will take two attempts to fire up.
post #117 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 04:13 PM

Spokes replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bear View Post
Yes I had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago at Rising Sun Honda in Townsville. No arguments they took photos and sent them to Honda.
post #118 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 11:04 AM

Response from my dealer is that Honda will replace wheels for the second time.... what’s the point if they are no better. Has anyone got an assurance that 2018 wheels will be supplied with SS spokes?
post #119 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 03:04 PM

At ProCycle we expect to have stainless spoke sets in stock around the first week of January

Everything for your Dualsport or Adventure motorcycle. www.procycle.us
post #120 of 156 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 04:16 PM

Can one change spokes one at a time without having to "build" the wheel from scratch?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page