SWEGOTECH Forkshield deflector -- reduce helmet vibrations !!! - Page 5 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 58Likes

post #41 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Hello,

Just wondering if some folks from the Montreal area are willing to split the shipping cost?

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 10:42 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to TypeJ
Just ordered mine. Thank you for identifying this problem, and bringing a solution to us all.
Swen likes this.
post #43 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:33 AM

I just took the windscreen off mine.... problem goes away. The long term plan it to cut the windscreen down to allow cleaner airflow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:34 AM

Managed to get out around North Wales on monday to test out Swens up draught eliminator ,

260 miles in most conditions, never thought it would make such a difference, all those problems with helmet buffeting , I thought it was the screen, just shows how wrong you can be, I didn't go out in the Schuberth E1, I'll do that test next time out,

But well worth the money and must be one of my best mods along with the Batzen adjustable screen , all I need now Swen is one for my MV Turismo, please !
Mcridr likes this.

Adventure before Dementia,
post #45 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 05:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisto View Post
Managed to get out around North Wales on monday to test out Swens up draught eliminator ,

260 miles in most conditions, never thought it would make such a difference, all those problems with helmet buffeting , I thought it was the screen, just shows how wrong you can be, I didn't go out in the Schuberth E1, I'll do that test next time out,

But well worth the money and must be one of my best mods along with the Batzen adjustable screen , all I need now Swen is one for my MV Turismo, please !
I see that you are using both types of wind management devices (Batzen & Swen deflector) do you feel that one made more of a difference over the other? I am guessing that both are the way to go.
Thanks in advance.
post #46 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 05:42 PM

Garage
Or you could just take the peak off your helmet for street/high speed riding like every other motorcyclist, a problem of your own creation! Try continuous lifesavers with a peaked helmet at high speed, that will soon piss you right off.

250X7 (first bike 17 years old, T-Boned it in 3 weeks), CB250K4 (needed wheels), CB350K4 (last wheels needed replacing, ran engine without oil after rebuild, DOH!), T500 (didnt handle, didn't care, 2-stroke smoke - EPIC!), 883 Sportster (oh dear, mistake), 1340 Lowrider Covertible (stolen before a year old), Daytona 1200 (heavy, 147BHP mad lump), DR350 (reliable small thumper), CRF1000 (love it)
post #47 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 05:01 AM

Managed a 200 mile jaunt into the Welsh mountains yesterday avoiding most of the snow, Testing the Schuberth E1 with the peak left on, It's certainly much better with Swens up draught eliminator on, my spectacles don't vibrate anymore, But the flimsy peak still vibrates enough to annoy me, The peak certainly helps in the low sun at this time of the year, one of the main reasons I bought the E1,It's also easily removed when needed, and a better buy than the C3 IMHO, with better ventilation,

I've now done 12,950 miles miles on my AT, DCT, and not yet been on a motorway, the original tyres were replaced at just under 6,000 miles and replaced with Conti TA 2s, I now have a set of Alpina wheels fitted with another set of Conti tyres, I also fitted Dyna Beads for balancing the wheels, rather than the un sightly stick on weights, these have been on for the last 2,500 miles, I also changed the chain and sprockets with the new wheels, and went for a super sprox rear (think thats what they're called) from Rugged Roads, and yesterday I put a set of stainless Steel sprocket nuts on , to replace the corroded Honda ones,

Mcrir, Yes , both are the way to go, with the Batzen you can drop it to the low setting for hot summer days, or the high setting for winter, I tended to stop a few times on a run at first, to find the right spot for the screen, it now stays in the same position most of the time, I also had the one with the SAT NAV mount, and find it first class, Cheers, Graham
Batzen and Mcridr like this.

Adventure before Dementia,
post #48 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 AM

Alpina+supersprox+new nuts+Conti's, sounds familiar!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170128_140527_001_1486306856181.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	16218  
post #49 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:53 AM

Seems like a good solution. Can the steering still be locked when fitted ?
post #50 of 110 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

The last weeks I was super busy with my work, but now I have more time to be online again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoPumps View Post
..... If you are running a stock screen, this may be the best $39 you spend on your AT. It is a very well thought out and delivered kit, top notch quality and construction backed by great customer service.

Ride Safe!
Rob,
thank you so much for this amazing review Normally I would say that you made my day.... but I was smiling for a whole week !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisto View Post

Elvisto, I am happy to hear that the SWEGOTECH Forkshield makes such a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveW View Post
Seems like a good solution. Can the steering still be locked when fitted ?
Yes the Forkshieled allows full lock steering. You can see this at the end of the installation video at around 2:40min:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page