Handlebar bend equivalent - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Handlebar bend equivalent

Thinking of changing handlebars. I'm not good at measuring things like sweep, rise, angles, etc. At least, not to any degree of accuracy.

Does anyone know what the closest (if not exact) name of the OEM handlebar dimensions are? As in, looking at Renthal and other A/M brand handlebars, is the OEM handlebar a CR High? RC High? KX High? Reed/Windham? KTM High? And so on and so on.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 04:21 PM

I can only tell you that the stock AT bars have a lot of sweep and a lot of rise.
I ended up using 14 degree Fasst Flexx standard rise bars and adding 1 3/4" rox risers.
That combination works well for me.
Stock bars are closer to 19 or 20 degrees sweep.
IMO less sweep makes for a better riding position when standing which I do a lot of off-road.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

DrD23:

Have you dropped your bike and then picked it up from the handlebar (your Flexx bar)? While I like the Flexx design with the elastomer components, does picking up 500+ lbs of bike cause the Flexx bar to tweak a little and become off-kilter? I'm sure nothing a little pushing and pulling couldn't straighten out, but nevertheless, has that happened? I've used bar risers before on other bikes and always had to bang the bars back to center after a crash. Flexx isn't really the same thing as a bar riser per se, but curious to know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 10:26 AM

My AT has only been down a couple of times and I had help righting it.
I did you the handlebar and it didn't tweak.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page