adventure bags - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

adventure bags

Adventure bags what do you run and how do you like em. I was looking at the Givi Outback Trekker i like them a lot but we can't run a 48l on the exhaust side if im right so it have to be 37/37 or 48/37. What do you guys run and would you buy them again? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 05:13 PM

Not sure they qualify as "Adventure bags," but I have Shad SH36 paniers (left over from my Versys). They're nice, but I don't think I would go that route again given the chance. Too nice, and I'm too scared to off-road at all with them on the big AT. They're great bags if all you want to do is street ride...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 09:28 PM

Garage
I'm using the Bumot Xtremada panniers and really like them...

https://www.advmotorrad.com/BUMOT-Xt...-Soft-Panniers

~ CRF1000L / KTM 200 XC-W / KTM 450 XC-W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply guys but i am sold to the givi i can have them for a good price, im still not sure if i go the 48/37 or 37/37 route tho
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:44 PM

I bought a set of these panniers. SOLOBOX
Pretty good price for hard boxes, and they're made local to the US. So far, I really like them. I did have to find a way to mount them to my rack, but that wasn't bad. For $350 per set, I'd definitely recommend. I have a 39L for the left side and a 33L for the right.
gvmumbral likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:44 AM

I run Heppco Becker racks on my AT. When needed I use Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddlebags. They are 19l each and they are a great cost conscious option. They are not as convenient to get on and off as some other options out there in my opinion. Furthermore not to go down the rabbit hole on the hard vs soft debate but I still think soft luggage is the safer option if you intend to go off road loaded up. If they were available at the time I would have probably gone with the Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddle Bag as they are almost twice the capacity fully expanded. If I ever did get a set of hard boxes I would go with Jesse, but that would mean new racks too....so that probably won't happen on this AT for me. Good luck
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:12 AM

I just ordered the Honda Panniers and Top Box complete set up for my 2017 AT . I realize they aren't the most highly regarded bags but I really like the quick mount and the fact you don't have to add a frame . I love looking at all the options and getting advice from fellow AT riders .
roy826 likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:08 PM

I have the backcountry Mosko Moto panniers, Mosko Moto duffel bag and their tank bag. Really like the support they give and the bulletproof material they use on their stuff. I transferred them from my KLR to my AT. It's all well thought out by riders who ride themselves in the backwoods, foreign countries and wherever the rode or adventure will take them. Even if you don't buy anything their website has lots of interesting information on their travels. I'm not sponsored or work for them, just really like their stuff.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
I have the backcountry Mosko Moto panniers, Mosko Moto duffel bag and their tank bag. Really like the support they give and the bulletproof material they use on their stuff. I transferred them from my KLR to my AT. It's all well thought out by riders who ride themselves in the backwoods, foreign countries and wherever the rode or adventure will take them. Even if you don't buy anything their website has lots of interesting information on their travels. I'm not sponsored or work for them, just really like their stuff.

Totaly agree I have Mosko gear there quality is Excellent well worth the money.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:40 AM

I have the Honda plastic boxes which are fine at the moment, highly likely to upgrade to a set of Apduro panniers and then use a roll back on the back rather than a topbox.

http://apduro.com/en/kufry-aluminowe/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page