Crash Bars - Anyone got any (not Honda ones) - Page 10 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 192Likes

post #91 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:16 AM

Easy to install and very well priced : the Holan engine crash bars and the headlight protector. (No good quality of pictures)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160309_130225.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	2273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160309_130234.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	2281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160309_130252.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	2289  
abj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZStreet View Post
Well, I'm going to make a prototype set up for fitment purposes and if there is any interest I will have them digitally measured and bent on a cnc bender. Let's see where it goes from there.
Unfortunately there aren't any Africa Twins here yet to get measurements from. My goal will be to build crash bars of the finest material and craftsmanship. Properly designed to protect the fairings, rad, engine, transmission and generator covers. I also have plans to build a competition race exhaust (street) that will be dyno tuned on my bike which is a DCT and see if I can find a manual transmission bike to dyno tune, as well. Maybe we can find out if Honda tuned it for A2 qualifications and there is some hidden HP and torque in there. I think were all going to have a lot of fun with these bikes.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. When does your bike arrive?
Rory likes this.
post #93 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 AM

up !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:29 AM

Garage
Looks like there is enough room between top bars and engine cylinders, and of course you can always shorten those upper tubes.
I like to see these SW-M bars in DCT model and bike dropped on the right side - how much there is room between ground and clutch casing?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SWM_Crashbars05crop.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2297  

Last edited by Juha; 03-09-2016 at 07:38 AM.
post #95 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZStreet View Post
Well, I'm going to make a prototype set up for fitment purposes and if there is any interest I will have them digitally measured and bent on a cnc bender. Let's see where it goes from there.
Unfortunately there aren't any Africa Twins here yet to get measurements from. My goal will be to build crash bars of the finest material and craftsmanship. Properly designed to protect the fairings, rad, engine, transmission and generator covers. I also have plans to build a competition race exhaust (street) that will be dyno tuned on my bike which is a DCT and see if I can find a manual transmission bike to dyno tune, as well. Maybe we can find out if Honda tuned it for A2 qualifications and there is some hidden HP and torque in there. I think were all going to have a lot of fun with these bikes.
Hey Ezstreet..That will be Very interesting , im sure there is !! Just removing the CAT will do loads but may need more fuel ? and a piggy back chip to fool the computer ? Please keep us in the loop !!
bart de mare likes this.
post #96 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha View Post
Instruction manual is available in SW-Motechs web page.
Yes I looked at the manual but it doesn't really give a view of the whole thing when together.

However I have decided to buy a set of the SWMotech bars so as soon as they arrive I will try and post some more detailed pictures.
Juha and superfunkomatic like this.
post #97 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Well I have now cancelled my order for the SW-Motech crash bars as they are not really available for another 2-3 weeks in the UK. Normally I would be happy to wait that long and I may well end up reordering them when they are actually in stock, until then I will keep watching for other options.
post #98 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. When does your bike arrive?

Thanks.....my bike might be here Late June/Early July....I'm hoping I'll get it
sooner. Unfortunately without a bike it's hard to get started on it so know I'm
just reviewing every aftermarket set of crash bars I can find for ideas.
post #99 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
Hey Ezstreet..That will be Very interesting , im sure there is !! Just removing the CAT will do loads but may need more fuel ? and a piggy back chip to fool the computer ? Please keep us in the loop !!

Thanks Rory,

I will for sure. Yes we will need a Power Commander type unit that allows us to adjust the air/fuel mixture. As a race exhaust will allow more air to be pushed through the engine it will also need more fuel to develop additional horsepower and torque.

Last edited by EZStreet; 03-09-2016 at 03:45 PM.
post #100 of 499 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 07:06 AM

Just ordered a set of SW Motech bars. Perfect for me and I have a set on my KLR that have been used a few times.
SW Motech bars matched with a decent bash plate should give plenty of protection.
Some people seem to expect to crash the bike at high speed and just pick it up and continue with crash bars fitted.
For me insurance is my protection in a big crash.
erey likes this.

2016 Africa Twin DCT Tricolour - B&B Offroad Bash plate, Radiator guards and Luggage plates. SW Motech crash bars, Motoz Adventure tyres, Termignoni exhaust, Garmin GPS, Booster Plug, Uni-Filters, Guard riser, Stedi spotlights, Batzen screen riser,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page