Plug and Play, LED Auxiliary Light Kit, Any Interest? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
View Poll Results: Do you want a Plug and Play LED Aux. Light Kit for the Africa Twin?
Yes, I do want to see a kit made for the CRF1000L Africa Twin 80 98.77%
No, I don't want a kit, here is why: 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

24Likes

post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Plug and Play, LED Auxiliary Light Kit, Any Interest?

Hey everyone! Bailey here with Baja Designs. We wanted to see if there is any interest in a Plug and Play LED Aux Light kit for the Africa Twin.
Feel free to post up, vote, or PM us.

Options:
Yes, I do want to see a kit made for the CRF1000L Africa Twin
No, I don't want a kit, here is why:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:54 PM

I'm interested but would appreciate if you could describe what you would define as plug and play.

Would your kit include a toggle switch? What about a wire harness sufficiently long enough to plug under the seat (as opposed to deep under the instrument cluster)

For me, īPlug and play' implies more than a led light with Honda type connectors.

Good luck with this project. Winter is long here so I will monitor this thread before pulling the trigger on auxiliary lights.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:42 AM

I am currently reading everything a can, looking for the best set for my uses, Denali, Cycleops are ones i was considering... In fact have ordered oem fog switch from Rugged Roads...What ya thinking..., i second the under seat idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogAT View Post
I'm interested but would appreciate if you could describe what you would define as plug and play.

Would your kit include a toggle switch? What about a wire harness sufficiently long enough to plug under the seat (as opposed to deep under the instrument cluster)

For me, īPlug and play' implies more than a led light with Honda type connectors.

Good luck with this project. Winter is long here so I will monitor this thread before pulling the trigger on auxiliary lights.
Right now we are trying to gauge interest for these kits. We don't know if it will be High Beam activated or triggered with a toggle switch.

If we decide to make a kit for the Africa Twin it will definitely be specific to that bike. All of the wiring harnesses and other parts will be designed to provide the cleanest installation and highest performance.

For now a user can purchase one of our Universal kits that mount on 7/8 and 1" crash bars.

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:27 PM

I've voted yes as it would be handy, however.....
I think it might be pretty difficult to do as everybody has very slightly different requirements, we're awkward like that

Red M/T, the shinyness didn't last long...
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 04:00 PM

Yes, Id be interested, certainly in some more details. Plug and Play electrics are always good as far as I'm concerned, wiring's not my strong point.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsta View Post
I've voted yes as it would be handy, however.....
I think it might be pretty difficult to do as everybody has very slightly different requirements, we're awkward like that

Do you have any specific things you would like to see vs. wouldn't like? I definitely understand
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Yes, Id be interested, certainly in some more details. Plug and Play electrics are always good as far as I'm concerned, wiring's not my strong point.
We will definitely have some more details as we get closer to developing the product. We (Baja Designs) like to provide an easy, pain free, installation that can handle abuse for many years to come.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakespaw View Post
I am currently reading everything a can, looking for the best set for my uses, Denali, Cycleops are ones i was considering... In fact have ordered oem fog switch from Rugged Roads...What ya thinking..., i second the under seat idea...

We currently aren't setup as a vendor but feel free to send us a message if you have any questions about Baja Designs (BD) related products. Happy to help!

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 08:44 PM

Garage
If you do put a kit together I think it would be a big plus to have the oem fog light switch and have the fog symbol work on the dash.

2016 CRF1000
1983 VT 500 Ascot
1982 FT 500 Ascot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page