Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 23Likes

post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:17 AM

Garage
I must completly agree that PC8 is one of the best purchases I have made for my AT. Things I was totally in left field about became easy. I highly recommend the PC8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Garage
I have had a PC8 on my BMW R1200GS for about a year, it has been perfect. I just ordered the AT specific kit for my new AT based on that experience.
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 12:06 AM

I went with the smaller version from eastern beaver tail with 4 circuits. Awesome plug and play setup and I wanted more space under the seat for other stuff. I can't imagine why I'd ever need 8 circuits for anything. If I need more than 4 it's easy to just double up on a circuit or 2. I just run a 12V cigarrette lighter plug, double usb charger, and a radar detector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Despite being on the other side of the world and so in a time zone far far off mine, Jim is one of the best people to deal with that I have ever encountered on the internet. He has put up with a number of idiot questions from me, dealing with them gracefully and speedily, and his workmanship is superb. Highly recommended.
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 08:18 AM

Connection question

I have a PC-8 that I am going to install this weekend, wondering about the accessories to be connected that already have fuses..
do I remove those? or double up on fuses? What did you guys do?
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 02:49 PM

Thanks for this posting! I was completely unaware of this product. I am thinking of the three line version one live, two ignition. I might use one of the ignitions sources for grip heaters and the other for a GPS. . I already have the Honda 12v source for an iphone. I do not think I will do a seat heater. Maybe? Since I have a DCT I also want an easy jump cord. I still haven't calculated how big it has to be yet or how to do it.

Or maybe I should have them all ignition sources so I do not run my battery down accidentally. No bump starting a DCT.
post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:44 PM

Flyer, let me know what you do for jump start connection, that was something I was wanting to do also...
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakespaw View Post
I have a PC-8 that I am going to install this weekend, wondering about the accessories to be connected that already have fuses..
do I remove those? or double up on fuses? What did you guys do?
Cut the fuse holder out of the harness and connect directly to the PC-8, then use the same size fuse in the PC-8. Most times it is the same type of fuse, so I just transfer them.

I also went with the 8 circuit over the 4 circuit one because the OCD side of me didn't like how messy the wires looked on the 4 circuit version.... haha
VicAT and jays0n like this.
post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:18 PM

Garage
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Garage
Just finished my install of the PC8. Nice build quality and perfectly cut to length.

No instructions, but they can be found on-line.

Here is my finished installation with 3 circuits used. GPS, Apollo heated grips and battery tender tail. The GPS and tender tail are unswitched. The grips switched. Going to add a loud horn and probably some LED driving lights soon.

Held in with adhesive velcro.

The seat works in both the low and high positions.

Glad I did this.

Rob
superfunkomatic likes this.

Rob

http://motopumps.com

2016 Rally Red Manual Africa Twin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page