MY2018 front accessory wiring - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 23Likes

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@Shedracer : Thanks a lot for the commented images. They will surely help me with the wiring...
Shedracer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 08:41 AM

So the Aux connector on the ATAS behind the plastics does not have a high beam wire I can use to trigger my Skene dimmer?

Tim
2018 ATAS
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinatwork View Post
So the Aux connector on the ATAS behind the plastics does not have a high beam wire I can use to trigger my Skene dimmer?
No - but there are a couple of places up front where you can tap into the blue main beam wire
zippysworld likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Parke View Post
No - but there are a couple of places up front where you can tap into the blue main beam wire
Thank you Jonathon for all of your help in this thread. I think I am going to wire everything thru my Centec fuzeblock which will be under the rear seat. Any chance there is a trigger wire for the high beams somewhere close by the 6 pin connector that I'll be keying off back there?

Tim
2018 ATAS
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Parke View Post
Jonathon, I wired up my ATAS aux lights and used the high beam wire that was on the front plug for my high beam trigger. So the US version of the ATAS DOES HAVE the blue wire in the front plug.
deltabi likes this.

Tim
2018 ATAS
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Jonathon, I wired up my ATAS aux lights and used the high beam wire that was on the front plug for my high beam trigger. So the US version of the ATAS DOES HAVE the blue wire in the front plug.
OK, so just to confirm - on the front 4 way option plug on your US spec 2018 ATAS you have the following wires:
  • Red/Yellow (+)
  • Green (-)
  • Blue/Black (Fog Light Indicator)
  • Blue (Main Beam)
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Exactly. Sorry for the crappy pic. You can barely see the solid blue wire but it is there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATAS 4 pin plug.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	44037  
deltabi likes this.

Tim
2018 ATAS
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Exactly. Sorry for the crappy pic. You can barely see the solid blue wire but it is there.
Excellent - thanks for the confirmation - that makes it a lot easier for the US spec ATAS
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:52 AM

Jonathon, the 2 extra plugs in the back are waaaaay easier to get at. I ran my radar detector and aux lights thru the front plug but if I had to do it all over again, I would just use the plugs under the pillion seat. I used the 6 pin for my GPS and Fuzeblock.

Tim
2018 ATAS
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I add this post just to report back that yesterday I had time to look at the front accessory cabling on my Africa Twin Standard MY2018 (EU).

I can confirm that the 12V socket that was mounted by the dealer when I bought the bike is connected to the front accessory socket behind the instrument panel. So either the dealer connected the 12V socket wrongly or the Standard Africa Twin has not a dedicated wiring from the main loom, like it appears to have the Adventure Sports.

Now I'll build a "Y" cable to power both 12V socket and fog lights from the option connector. Actually it'll be a "3-way" cable as I have to provide power to a GPS, too. Alternative would be recabling correctly the 12V socket, if it has been mounted incorrectly, but I don't know where it should be connected...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in