MY2018 front accessory wiring - Page 6 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 22Likes
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Unread 03-24-2019, 01:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabi View Post
Hello, Karol.
Welcome to the forum.

I believe in this thread and others (just search for "front accessory" or "aux lights") you can find all info you need. The MY2018 has few electrical modifications comparing to previous versions, but the front and rear accessory sockets works the same.
You can choose to use the front accessory socket for both aux lights and GPS (like I did), but remember that total current absorbed from that connector should not be too high (5-6 amperes). If you have normal LED lights it should be ok. The connector is a Sumitomo HM090 (4 pins), if you want to do a "clean" work, best is use the corresponding connector (you can find it at Rugged Roads, I believe) and then cabling as you need.
If you plan higher wattage than probably it would be a good idea to use one of the power distribution kits available on the market (like the 3CS from Eastern Beaver). If you're not expert in electrics than better have some help from friends who understand the subject, just to avoid mistakes and streamline the work. The Eastern Beaver kits are ready to use and easier to install.
About the fairing it's not that difficult, but items must be removed in the correct order. You can find several videos on youtube that show you how to remove the plastics from a CRF1000L.
Good luck!
Hello Karol
I have used the Eastern Beaver 3CS, really easy to install. Also on Honda's website they do have all the OEM accessories with the pdf's on how to install them. I have used the Honda documentation on how to install the auxiliary OEM Fog light, it's a 27 page pdf. Just follow that and it tells you exactly how to remove everything and even in what sequence.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 52 (permalink) Unread 03-30-2019, 04:23 PM

Red face can you ping me a reply with contacts re wiring / looms

[quote=Jonathan Parke;281759]

The 2018 models have the 12v Accessory socket plugged into the main loom, completely separate from the front option connector.

JP

can you ping me a reply with contacts
have a need for a switched relay loom to be installed to power 2 x 18w spots
2018/19 ATAS

thanks

Rob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in