2018 TBW AT/ATAS, MC Cruise Control. - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM

I installed the Mccruise on my ATAS DCT a few days ago. Since it is throttle by wire, there are no mechanical connections - it all just wires into your bike's wiring harness. All of the supplied components are high quality. I mounted mine under my passenger seat. I used a piece of thin plywood to mount it to so that I could use the mounts intended for the factory alarm (which I don't have).

The throttle grip does not move when it is active. You just let go of the throttle grip once you have set it and let it return. With the DCT, the transmission will shift as it normally would while the cruise control is active. The switches are backlit which is a nice touch. All the connections made to the bike's harness are waterproof like the original connections. I highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180915_090848.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	44751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180918_100722[9700].jpg
Views:	304
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	44753  
Bartho likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 08:20 PM

Looking to put the MC Cruise on my ATAS manual... Were there any permanent mods necessary? de-pinning connectors? or was it all plug-n-play? can you ovetake using the throttle or do you have to disable cruise? Are there any speed limitations like wont engage over 80mph?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzcr87 View Post
Looking to put the MC Cruise on my ATAS manual... Were there any permanent mods necessary? de-pinning connectors? or was it all plug-n-play? can you ovetake using the throttle or do you have to disable cruise? Are there any speed limitations like wont engage over 80mph?

The installation did require depinning one wire in each of two connectors (for the DCT version). They supplied the tool necessary and very detailed instructions for doing this. The modifications can easily be reversed by removing the cruise control harness and replacing the original wires in the connectors.

I have not tried cruising at over 80mph, but I do not remember the instructions mentioning any speed limitation. The cruise control allows you to increase the speed using the throttle without disengaging the cruise control. The cruise control disengages instantly any time the brakes are used.

The cruise control works better than any cruise control I have used - mainly because there is no mechanical connection to the throttles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 06:16 AM

I'm just wondering if my local Honda dealer would fit one of these for me
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdaveboy View Post
I'm just wondering if my local Honda dealer would fit one of these for me
I was just wondering the same thing. Please update if decide to give it a go.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:54 AM

I know its an old thread but

Hi When ordering from Australia, can you say how much postage was and is there any import tax or other horrors?
I assume you can just go to website and use credit card?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page