2018 TBW AT/ATAS, MC Cruise Control. - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

2018 TBW AT/ATAS, MC Cruise Control.

The MC Cruise Control is now available for 2018 Throttle By Wire AT and ATAS Bikes. Mine has just arrived from Australia, Iím currently installing it at the moment, almost finished, just got to do all the testing and configuration, then reassemble the bike. Pretty straight forward to be honest, could be completed by anyone comfortable with removing fairing and fuel tank, as most of it is just plugging in a few connectors, routing cables down the side of frame. Instructions that come with the kit are very comprehensive, the DCT bike is easier to fit, as it has less to connect and the air box doesnít need removing on DCT, whereas the manual bike does.

Well, just having a bit to eat and back out to finish off.

Then Iíve got to do it all over again on brothers bike. I guess itís going to be a late night, but now Iíve done one, it will be much quicker on the other.

Looking forward to testing it out tomorrow. Will report back tomorrow evening.
-mek-, AT-Dragon and Grumpy Cat like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 03:06 AM

How'd it go?!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeShow View Post
How'd it go?!
On a 1 to 5 scale of difficulty rating to fit, I’d say it’s a 3, just time consuming due to the way the ATAS/AT fairing is mounted and fuel tank removal. Off out for a ride later this morning, once I’ve done a few jobs around the house. A nice trip down to the New Forest, to the nice people at Rugged Roads. Will be interesting to see how the cruise interacts with DCT.
TheJoeShow likes this.

Last edited by Shedracer; 09-03-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Sorted, MCCruise on DCT is great, set speed and DCT changes gear as and when needed. Expensive, yes, but well worth it, something Honda shouldíve fitted when they changed to TBW.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:02 PM

So sweet! I'm really surprised that Honda didn't add that on themselves. Such a nice upgrade! Congratulations on you purchase and successful installation!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Forgive my ignorance if this is somewhere on their site (I looked for a bit but didn't find anything), does this allow you to set a specific speed or does it just hold a specific throttle position? I.e. is it like modern car cruise control or more like an electronic throttle lock?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 08:23 PM

You set it at the speed you are doing and want, you can adjust it 0.62 mph per push of the button (I think that can be changed upto 2 mph each time). No speed is shown on the device, you can accelerate beyond a set speed (say to overtake), then release the throttle and it will slow to the set speed. Tested mine on Monday and itís well worth the money, weíll happy, itís my No.1 farkle.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
You set it at the speed you are doing and want, you can adjust it 0.62 mph per push of the button (I think that can be changed upto 2 mph each time). No speed is shown on the device, you can accelerate beyond a set speed (say to overtake), then release the throttle and it will slow to the set speed. Tested mine on Monday and itís well worth the money, weíll happy, itís my No.1 farkle.
Good to know, thanks for the info! Will have to check one out next year when I've got more farkle funds.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 02:38 PM

will it cancel out when you step or pull the brakes?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmumbral View Post
will it cancel out when you step or pull the brakes?
Yes, on DCT bike it’s front or rear and the off button on cruise handle bar control. On manual bike, it’s same, but also clutch. When you start the bike, you have to apply the brake, so the cruise computer confirms their signal, if you don’t, the cruise will not work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page