Heated grips - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 4Likes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Well after we had a frost and it was -3 and driving down the motorway at 70 the grips did not even make my hands warm so they was not enough for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matinpub View Post
Just to let you all know if you decide to change the heated grips for Oxford ones they will have to buy the standard grip assembly throttle order number 53140MKKD01 as they won't fit as its ride by wire and the standard honda grips are moulded to it
My 2019 looks like it’s a conventional throttle tube set up...... now on “ Hold” with fitting Oxford grips..... PLEASE can someone confirm if ok on a 2019 bike?........
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 09:37 AM

Installed the Oxford Touring heated grips on my 2019 AT. Fits absolutely perfectly.
Just make sure on the left side you sand the handlebar/remove existing glue, on the right side you'll want to sand the throttle tube (and if I remember well it was a pretty tight fit). Check the position you want to have the grips before taking out the glue (you want to avoid having the cable in the way of the indicators on the left and you don't want it too much towards the front where it would prevent full clutch action.
Once you're done properly cleaning the surfaces with rubbing alcohol, its time to glue (can be easier if one if holding the bike steady and the other is pushing the grip on). When done properly, the grips will never come loose. My brothers put 50000km on his Oxfords and the grips themselves started wearing out...but they still worked and never moved.

https://fortnine.ca/fr/oxford-heaterz-premium-touring-heated-grips?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7DtBRCLARIsAGCJWBrjel7hQQoBAH zaBM4LtJCWbeng2xX3ckUCPh-8NLpZi2mjeBTrm4saAmrDEALw_wcB

Last edited by Speedo007; 10-20-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo007 View Post
Installed the Oxford Touring heated grips on my 2019 AT. Fits absolutely perfectly.
Just make sure on the left side you sand the handlebar/remove existing glue, on the right side you'll want to sand the throttle tube (and if I remember well it was a pretty tight fit). Check the position you want to have the grips before taking out the glue (you want to avoid having the cable in the way of the indicators on the left and you don't want it too much towards the front where it would prevent full clutch action.
Once you're done properly cleaning the surfaces with rubbing alcohol, its time to glue (can be easier if one if holding the bike steady and the other is pushing the grip on). When done properly, the grips will never come loose. My brothers put 50000km on his Oxfords and the grips themselves started wearing out...but they still worked and never moved.

https://fortnine.ca/fr/oxford-heaterz-premium-touring-heated-grips?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7DtBRCLARIsAGCJWBrjel7hQQoBAH zaBM4LtJCWbeng2xX3ckUCPh-8NLpZi2mjeBTrm4saAmrDEALw_wcB
Much appreciated , thanks.
Speedo007 likes this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Unread Today, 01:20 PM

Just ordered the Apollo grips...they’re bound to be better than my crap oe fitment useless lukewarm grips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page