12v OEM Accessory Socket - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:33 PM

Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
Does anyone know how to contact the guy from eastern beaver power supply company? I placed an order over a week ago and have heard nothing from him
Just to point out that the past 10 days or so have seen an unusually long "Golden Week" national holiday, and business in Japan sort of shuts down for most of that period. He's probably back at his desk and working through the backlog.

2019 Africa Twin DCT in Matt Ballistic Black

Last edited by MildlyInterested; 05-14-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:08 PM

Thanks for your answers, but I had to join facebook just to try and chat and no one was there. Also, to email him is a hassle because you have to join and create an account which I don't understand since I have enough accounts already. Ok, I get it, he's a small business, but other small businesses I've dealt with are much easier to contact. Some what disappointed so far.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:32 AM

Misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
Also, to email him is a hassle because you have to join and create an account which I don't understand since I have enough accounts already.
I do understand your frustration - I am very impatient for things to arrive - but perhaps there has been some misunderstanding here, because his email address is on the contact page. All you have to do, as far as I can see, is use that.

Anyway, let's hope that they are able to contact soon, and that the delay is caused by a vacation, rather than something serious.

2019 Africa Twin DCT in Matt Ballistic Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:39 AM

He's not a fast responder. He does ride motorcycles and has a photography business, which would presumably take him away from home sometimes. When I ordered, the parts eventually showed up, but it's not Amazon.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:33 PM

Ok, finally got an email this morning saying my part has shipped. Yep, it's kind of madding having to negotiate webpages that are not clearly laid out. Nothing on his main page or his shipping page has a tab or label saying "contact". I may have missed it but..... it shipped, so I'll see.

I like the idea of a main fuse block and not having wires hanging going to the battery. The AT is a bike that does not allow easy access to new wires being installed.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabi View Post
I would not connect directly to the battery, use switched power.
You can do your own cabling starting from the option socket behind the instrument cluster: 12V + GPS power; in this case you only need the OEM connector (https://ruggedroads.co.uk/4-Way-OEM-...roof-Connector) and then you do the cabling (you'll also need a generic 12V socket).
Or you can install "OEM way", buying the 12V socket kit and the "sub harness kit" (Y cable) which will allow to power a second accessory (GPS). In this case you still need an OEM 4-way connector if you want a "clean" cabling (or you'll cut the Y cable and connect directly the GPS power wires).
So if I use the OEM kit, The white connector plugs into the connector behind the front cluster, Red connector to the 12V supplied and the other connector is for a second port if I want to install, correct?
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuono07 View Post
So if I use the OEM kit, The white connector plugs into the connector behind the front cluster, Red connector to the 12V supplied and the other connector is for a second port if I want to install, correct?
Not exactly... your last assumption is wrong.
If you need to connect a second accesory with the OEM kit you have to buy the "sub harness kit" (link: https://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00c...ts/08U74MJPG50).
The OEM Socket Accessory kit has only one connector, the other white plastic "thing" you see in the images is the fuse holder (and because this will be under the fairings, don't blew it!).... see image below...
The "sub harness kit" (Y cable) add a second option connector that you can use for a second accessory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08U70MJPG50.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	48487  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:49 AM

Got the fuse block Friday, looks good. I bought the longer extension so I can place FB under rear seat. I will say there is a lot of extra cable to deal with. Will try and post some pics later.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:43 PM

Fuzeblock FZ 1 also works fine. By moving the fuses you can choose continuous or swiched power for outputs.

Last edited by -mek-; 05-23-2019 at 01:32 PM.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM

Servus

does anybody know, what a fuse is used for the 12V OEM Aux socket (which comes, e.g. with ATAS MY2018)?
On the plug itself (in my case), there is a short information about power output 12V at 2A, so by applying the well known formula for DC, P(power) = U(voltage) x I(current), I assume, that the output power of the OEM AUX socket is approx. 24W. My issue is following --> I would like to use an 12V to 5V "cigarette" adapter to charge my iPhone, which has at the output 5V and is able to supply approx 2.4 Amps, what in turn means 24W (using the formula above again). Under the assumption, that the iPhone will draw 2.1 - 2.4Amps at 5V and fact, that the efficiency of such an adapter or more likely to say a DC/DC Converter is approx 92%. So it means, 24W/0.92=26W.is a power which will be drawn from the AUX in order to charge my iPhone. Assuming, that the board voltage may vary from 11.8 to 12.8V, the current draw from the battery would be approx. 2Amps. What I want to say is, that in my opinion, it should be safe to charge an iPhone from the AUX outlet on the dash, or am I completely wrong?

Do you have some experiences? I am looking for some advice ...

PS: I am also considering to use a rear option connector (6pin white) and to buy this kit from SW-Motech: EVO 2.0 electric top ring (unfortunately I am not able to place any links here)

Thank you for any hint or advice in advance!

Cheers
Karol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page