7 level TC vs 3 level TC - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 8Likes

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:12 PM

I don't know where you are located but I was interested in possibly buying used rather than new. What I found was the 2018 leftovers were going for about the same as used 2017 or 2018 bikes in my area or at such a minimal difference as to not be worth haggling.

The changes for the 2018 vs the prior years are in the right direction. When I rode a 2017 and a 2018 the newer one seemed easier to rev and more responsive. For me the finer granularity of the traction control is an added bonus.

Any chance you could ride the different years and see what you like best? Or even at least demo a new one and see what you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure I could easily get on a new bike. There is a 16 being traded in at my dealer of choice with 18k on it and basically every aftermarket part but a skid plate on it already that I would buy. I talked to the owner of the bike last time I was in. My only disappointment about that bike is its not HRC colors, its red black and white my second choice. I still have to decide between DTC and Manual as well (heavily learning toward DCT). Attempting to learn to dirt is on my list so the more sophisticated TC is a nice thought.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyInterested View Post
When I went on the Honda Adventure Course (beginner level) we stuck it on 2 or 3.
DId you ever get to learn anything with the G button ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 04:55 AM

No G button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbgbr View Post
DId you ever get to learn anything with the G button ?
No, we didn't touch the G button. The instructors had a basic knowledge of the DCT, and were able to give advice and tips, e.g. the DCT will try to freewheel if you start off downhill on a closed throttle, so you need to blip it to get into gear. Nevertheless, I didn't get the impression that they were really familiar with the DCT and they were all clearly more comfortable with the manual box.

2019 Africa Twin DCT in Matt Ballistic Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page