Instrument cluster - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Instrument cluster

Hi all has anyone had water on the inside of the glass in the instrument cluster on the 2018 model AT as mine is going in to be sorted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Hi all has anyone had water on the inside of the glass in the instrument cluster on the 2018 model AT as mine is going in to be sorted.
Yes, occasionally I notice what looks to be condensation on the inside of mine. Will report it when it goes in for service in July.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:42 AM

Yes. I immediately took it back to the dealership. they saw it and then went onto their official 'dealer only' Honda site.. and told me this was a "known Issue". Photographs were taken, the warranty 'repair' was quickly approved, Parts were ordered and Im still awaiting a call to take the bike in for the swap to be done. this was reported BEFORE Christmas.

I at first thought it was something like an oil.. it didn't look like water, perhaps due to the coating on the inner surface, however it subsequently disappeared without leaving a 'mist' and hasnt come back. Im still having it changed though.

30th anniversary DCT 'Sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

I can see like a plastic paper in the top right hand corner looks like it has come from inside i don't want to pull it just in case all the guts comes out Lol.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobiker View Post
Yes. I immediately took it back to the dealership. they saw it and then went onto their official 'dealer only' Honda site.. and told me this was a "known Issue". Photographs were taken, the warranty 'repair' was quickly approved, Parts were ordered and Im still awaiting a call to take the bike in for the swap to be done. this was reported BEFORE Christmas.

I at first thought it was something like an oil.. it didn't look like water, perhaps due to the coating on the inner surface, however it subsequently disappeared without leaving a 'mist' and hasnt come back. Im still having it changed though.
I had the same thing when my bike was weeks old. It disappeared and hasn't returned. That was nearly a year ago now. I think I'm in the clear! Famous last words!

The more you've found, the less you've been around.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobiker View Post

The parts should be in your dealership 72hrs after Honda approved it mine is booked in a week Monday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page