Alternate location for accessory socket? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By -mek-

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Alternate location for accessory socket?

Any ideas? Would rather not have electric jacket wiring draped all the way from seat to front cowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 12:51 PM

I have managed to get 2 of http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/p...1a389cc5354d46 in the tool box. They just fit but very convenient.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 11:20 PM

I put this usb adaptor under the seat and ran a cable up from there to my phone holder on my handle bar. Seems nicer than using the location on the dash. You could order ones with 12v plugs or even combo 12v/usb and fit it under there. I got the adaptor for the rear plug from eastern beaver.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 08:06 PM

I just wired an SAE connector from the battery up along the frame so that it comes out under the seat. I zip-tied the excess wire, and put a small bit of velcro on the connector and on the frame just under the seat. Now I can hook up my heated jacket with an adaptor for SAE to Co-axial, plus I can use the SAE plug to hook up the charger while in the garage. It was pretty simple.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 01:53 AM

I installed a Fuzeblock FZ1 under the front seat and added a 12 mm /DIN size 12 V output beside the seat lock. The place is tight for 12 V output, but it just fits when you move the wire harness during drilling/fastening.

FZ1 is handy, by just moving the fuse you can choose for every output if you want constant or switched power. FZ1 also includes a relay, so its super easy to install and provides 12 V power for up to six gadgets. The only con is, that max output is limited to max 10 A per output, 30 A totally.

kondor and scbeme like this.

Last edited by -mek-; 11-15-2016 at 01:59 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page