Removing db killer from a remus okami exhaust. - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Removing db killer from a remus okami exhaust.

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone on this site has any experience with how to take out the hexacone shaped baffle that comes in the remus okami exhaust. So far I have tried pulling it out with vice grips, riding around with the bolt removed to see if it will blow put a bit so I can pull it out. It does come out about 10 mm but you can still not pull it out even then. I have also tried the old stuff the rag in the exhaust to see if it will blow out, sadly that did not work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently only able to set off half the dogs in the neighborhood.

"WHAT ME SNOTTY" Alfred E Newman

Last edited by kaosad; 05-04-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: misspell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 06:57 AM

You need to grind off the weld on the screw holding the baffle in, then you can remove it easily.

2016 Tricolor DCT
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

There is no weld on the screw I can already remove it. I guess I will just take it off and attempt to tap it out from the other side.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Holy **** I can't believe I was struggling with this. To remove it with ease you just have to take it off and tap it out with a hammer and something long. Took me about five minutes. The neighbors are going to hate me.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosad View Post
Holy **** I can't believe I was struggling with this. To remove it with ease you just have to take it off and tap it out with a hammer and something long. Took me about five minutes. The neighbors are going to hate me.
Hi, something long?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page