Bike Cover? - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inexorable View Post
Can anyone share how they are getting on with their bike covers?

I'm also looking for something that will cover the bike from dodgy eyeballs while out on the longer trips. Waterproofing and tea making abilities are not as important as packed size and weight - and ideally not luminous
I use an Oxford Stormtex cover in size XL. Same that I used for the Varadero. I have a 47l givi topbox on the back. The cover fully covers from the bottom of the front wheel to the bottom of the number plate rack. Rear tire stays visible. The cover is solid, anti scratch, anti heat and protects very well from the elements. Maybe a bit large for touring but then I would recommend the Oxford Raintex version which is thinner. I think the raintex also comes in a "topbox version" so the cover will go down to the back tire. I couldn't find the stormtex in topbox version so I make do. I use the bike everyday so back tire out isn't a huge problem and in any event I've built a bit of a shed area with a pvc roof for the rain, so the cover is just to keep her away from eyes. If I'm away a weekend I can take the top box off and then the cover works fully.

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:38 AM

I like my UltraGard cover. It's easy to put on, light and rolls up to about the size of a football. I wouldn't say its waterproof, but it keeps most of the rain/dew off the bike. Saves the plastics from fading in the sun and keeps prying eyes off the bike. Had this cover for about a year. It will probably last 3 or 4 years (not bad for Arizona conditions) I have a Dowco Guardian cover, its full size, but its way too bulky. I'm selling that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UltraGardCover.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	46903  

2017AT Man. TriColor
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by encoad View Post
Has anyone tried one of the Aliexpress covers? I'd like to keep one at the office so I can keep the bike out of the sun/rain etc...

If so, what size?

Aliexpress bike cover

I ordered one from Aliexpress, size 4XL. It fits great to the AT. I have Batzen Screen adjuster with the screen in highest position too.

Its cheap so I dont know how long it will be around, but it seems to be ok so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	46905  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page