Madstad Screen review (and screens generally) - Page 4 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 10Likes

post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
I can report that the air-dam fork deflector thing makes no difference when used with the Madstad screen. I put it on at the weekend hoping it would remove all remnants of turbulence and make the AT like a dedicated tourer, but I noticed no difference at all. In fact I couldn't even feel any air coming out of the 'vents' that the fork deflector creates on the tank top.
The Madstad screen solves about 80% of the peak vibration and turbulence problem on its own though so I am happy enough (once I fitted Vlad's screen brace)
Mike
Question what is the screen brace you are referring to.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 PM

I just put a thousand miles on mine over the last week. I am 5'11. 2018 ATAS. Seat in low position. 30" inseam. Screen is 18". I can ride without earplugs now. Wind doesn't hit my chest anymore and there is very little turbulence, if any, and 80mph. Air still hits my arms. The crossbar for mounting things is useless as the screen will bounce like crazy if you do and it looks like the **** thing will fall off. The upper half of the adjustment range is useless for the same reason, but you want the screen low so it covers the AT "ears" by the dash. That's where the turbulence comes from.

The screen doesn't actually look bad at all. When adjusted well it blends in with the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181027_121719.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	45251  
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaSqueela View Post
I just put a thousand miles on mine over the last week. I am 5'11. 2018 ATAS. Seat in low position. 30" inseam. Screen is 18". I can ride without earplugs now. Wind doesn't hit my chest anymore and there is very little turbulence, if any, and 80mph. Air still hits my arms. The crossbar for mounting things is useless as the screen will bounce like crazy if you do and it looks like the **** thing will fall off. The upper half of the adjustment range is useless for the same reason, but you want the screen low so it covers the AT "ears" by the dash. That's where the turbulence comes from.

The screen doesn't actually look bad at all. When adjusted well it blends in with the bike.
Does Vlad do a screen brace for the ATAS? - if so it's well worth buying as it eliminated all the bouncing of the MAdstad screen on my standard bike
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Does Vlad do a screen brace for the ATAS? - if so it's well worth buying as it eliminated all the bouncing of the MAdstad screen on my standard bike
Mike
Mike. Who is Vlad?

post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

I’m on my phone so searching doesn’t work too well but if you search for Vlad or ‘screen brace’ I’m sure you will find all the info you need
Mike
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Madstad wobble

Hi guys. I bought one and fricking hate the wobble. Surely someone has a fix for this. Off-road is just not usable.

post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

C’mon guys. There’s a search function on here. Several threads about exactly how to stop the screen wobble and Vlad’s contact details. I know he has produced a new one for the 2018 standard bike but not sure about the atas
https://www.africatwinforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=29361
If the link is not live it’s because I have copied and pasted it while on my phone, but you can just search for Vlad and you will get it
Mike
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 PM

Or just don't use the crossbar and attach a RAM to the DOT reservoir bolt holes like I did. Cheaper, cleaner, and not in my line of sight.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 06:32 PM

Thanks Mike but nothing to do with needing a screen brace. I have the cameladv one. I am talking about the rattle with the necessary slack on the sliders to allow it to move up and down.
Quote:
Címon guys. Thereís a search function on here. Several threads about exactly how to stop the screen wobble and Vladís contact details. I know he has produced a new one for the 2018 standard bike but not sure about the atas
https://www.africatwinforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=29361
If the link is not live itís because I have copied and pasted it while on my phone, but you can just search for Vlad and you will get it
Mike
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswift-ebay View Post
Thanks Mike but nothing to do with needing a screen brace. I have the cameladv one. I am talking about the rattle with the necessary slack on the sliders to allow it to move up and down.

Do you mean that you keep the knurled adjusters slack because you want to be able to pull and push the screen while moving? I can see that would be a problem
Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page