Tool kit - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Tool kit

I took delivery of my AT DCT 2 weeks ago, the allen head cap screw holding the forward tool kit holder stripped when I attempted to remove it. I got a new cap screw and drilled out the stripped screw. Much to my dismay when I opened the tool kit container up it was empty. I have had a "missing items" list going with the dealer but think this missing item may go missing.
Could someone please provide a list and picture of the tools provided in the kit from Honda. There have been a few comments that the provided kit is lacking good tools and I will put together a kit of my own with decent stuff .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Hey! Congrats on the bike! I am with you on the 'no tools' in the toolbox. So dumb. I found this on ebay. Looks like the listing has ended, but it gives a list of all the parts needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOLKIT-2-0...53.m1438.l2649

Hope that helps!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all

Thank you,
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 02:57 PM

My bike came with only a screw driver in the tool kit. It's also too small to really hold anything. I now carry a mosko moto fatty tool roll with everything I need to work on the bike in it. I keep it strapped to an inner carrier that is kept on the inside of my left side pannier rack from Happy Trail.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 01:05 AM

What the heck. I didn't know there was a tool kit. Thought they all just came with that one allen wrench that goes in the slot under the seat. Does anyone have that tool kit and does it really fit in that tiny box? I just find it interesting that it exists.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
What the heck. I didn't know there was a tool kit. Thought they all just came with that one allen wrench that goes in the slot under the seat. Does anyone have that tool kit and does it really fit in that tiny box? I just find it interesting that it exists.
Like other people have said, it's not really a tool kit. Not a useful one anyway. The only thing in it is a double sided screwdriver (Phillips and Flathead), a fuse puller, and... well, that's all. Calling it a tool kit is a gross overstatement.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:46 AM

If you look at the link posted by lee 711 there is also a spark plug wrench and a few other wrenches, a pouch for them to go into. First Iíve seen them. Although looking at them and looking at the tool box I donít think theyíd fit in there. Just odd that itís all available but doesnít come with the bike isnít it? As if anyone would go buy it afterward.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
If you look at the link posted by lee 711 there is also a spark plug wrench and a few other wrenches, a pouch for them to go into. First Iíve seen them. Although looking at them and looking at the tool box I donít think theyíd fit in there. Just odd that itís all available but doesnít come with the bike isnít it? As if anyone would go buy it afterward.
My bike came with the tool kit but the dealer was telling me that the price of they charge for a replacement OEM tool kit is roughly £100
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Haha, sounds about right!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page