OEM Center Stand Unavailable - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 22Likes

post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
Picked up my AT a few weeks ago and like most people here, I'm ordering a few bolt ons for my new ride. One of my must haves is the center stand so after some research I decided to get the OEM stand since it appeared to be the best based on the reviews I've read. I contacted my dealer and placed my order, when he tried to enter it into the computer, it came up as discontinued. When he called Honda to find out why, they told him production was discontinued on the AT center stand at this time because of issues with the design, and a new version will be coming out but they didn't say when. Has anyone else heard this? Appears my only option is SW Motech. I did find a couple on Amazon.ca by the name of Alpha Rider and MotoParty. Anyone heard of these?
Just asked about that here in AU and you can still order and have them supplied, in fact they have stock on hand but bikes in AU other than the base model all come with the Honda center stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:38 PM

Garage
I ordered an OEM centre stand about 2 weeks ago for my 2017 AT.....was told it would be @ the store in about 5 days....wrong...Was told it was back-ordered until sep 30!!
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:10 PM

I was told they were discontinued when I bought my new 17 model 3 weeks ago,there are plenty of new original equipment one's on ebay in honda dealers,bought mine arrived 2 days later 30 mins after courier gave me it,it was fitted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 PM

With the OEM centerstand to many people were putting the clip on backwards. I watched the Woodzman video on the installation and he points out the correct orientation. It was also in the instructions. I don't think some people paid attention to the detail drawing in the instructions ... or maybe were too focused on the spring installation? Anyway, I have used SW Motech centerstands (on a KLR) and I think they are a good alternative but I got the OEM stand.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKLR View Post
With the OEM centerstand to many people were putting the clip on backwards. I watched the Woodzman video on the installation and he points out the correct orientation. It was also in the instructions. I don't think some people paid attention to the detail drawing in the instructions ... or maybe were too focused on the spring installation? Anyway, I have used SW Motech centerstands (on a KLR) and I think they are a good alternative but I got the OEM stand.
Honda Canada has issued an official recall for the ATAS centre stand : google after "honda recall" 2018412

One can check against the motorcycle VIN on Honda Canada website : google after "honda motorcycle canada" recall

(sorry I cannot post links since my post counter is = 0)
(I live in France, where there is no official recall for the time being...)
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM

I found this, but says it does not concern the ATAS

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/honda-a...ll-accessories

In Greece the ATAS center stand is not yet available. Also, SW-Motech annouched release of their center stand on wk 37.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM

I have one on order for my ATAS, and was told that Honda are withholding the centre-stands worldwide due to a circlip breaking!! My dealer has no idea when they will be available.
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:43 AM

Garage
This is the same info I got here on Long Island, NY

Last edited by geirvmax; 08-24-2018 at 10:05 PM.
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 02:54 AM

Garage
In Italy, Honda just made available the "new" center stand, solving the circlip issue.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 05:11 AM

I checked my VIN with the Honda site and my bike is subject to recall. The dealer is ordering the repair kit and says it will take about 1/2 hr to fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page