Size of tail pack for tools and tubes - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Size of tail pack for tools and tubes

I am looking at the Kriega dry bags as I want to get a bag that will be able to carry some tools and tubes for day trips. In the bag I plan to store the following.

2 tubes
Tyre irons
Motopressor air compressor
Tool roll of tools
Bolts pack
And a few other small bit and pieces just in case

What size would be just big enough for these? I don't want anything big with too much extra space as want to be able to just strap this on each time I go out. For longer trip I plan to get some more Kriega bags to which this could then be attached.

Any pointers would be great, and photos even better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 PM

The Kriega 10 liter is whatís Iím using & works perfect for front & rear tubes plus tire irons & air pump with room for more items if needed. 👍👍💯💯💯
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by musties View Post
I am looking at the Kriega dry bags as I want to get a bag that will be able to carry some tools and tubes for day trips. In the bag I plan to store the following.

2 tubes
Tyre irons
Motopressor air compressor
Tool roll of tools
Bolts pack
And a few other small bit and pieces just in case

What size would be just big enough for these? I don't want anything big with too much extra space as want to be able to just strap this on each time I go out. For longer trip I plan to get some more Kriega bags to which this could then be attached.

Any pointers would be great, and photos even better.

All of that plus a bit more minus the air compressor will fit under the seat front and back.
I also have the no pinch tool and glues, tape, zip ties and lock wire etc all under the seat.
Just leaves you with the air compressor to find a home for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_153805.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	44003   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_153736.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	44005  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Nice - had not thought of the under seat storage. Doh.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 12:31 PM

me too, I forgot about the underseat space. I have now got a bit of stuff in there
I have the ATAS and so far have been riding with panniers on but only 10% full for days out. So I would like to keep the panniers for trips away and go for a day trip tail pack. I too fancy the Kriega US drypack at 10 litres. They look really well designed. The ATAS rack looks tiny though and it looks like the pack would have to sit partially on the rear seat unless a plate was used. Has anyone fitted one of these Kriega packs to the ATAS and can comment on fitting ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page