Part Number Required - left hand side generator cover gasket - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Part Number Required - left hand side generator cover gasket

Morning All,

Ive had no luck talking to my Honda dealer and no joy looking at the Honda parts diagrams.

I laid my AT down on the gravel and badly marked the left hand side generator cover - and so have bought a new one to replace (and fit the Touratech low bars which finally arrived after a 10 month wait!).

I have bought part number 11320MJPG50 but there does not seem to be a illustration of the gasket for this cover - and I cant see it in either of the gaskets sets A or B that are listed.

Has anyone come across this before and perhaps have the part number for the gasket for the left hand side generator cover that I need please?

Cheers

Stuart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:23 AM

Garage
well that's troubling. I searched the entire parts fiche and there's no mention of the left crankcase gasket. I don't have access to the workshop manual at the moment, but I wonder if the part number is listed there?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:32 AM

Is it is gasket set B ?
Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarafah View Post
Is it is gasket set B ?
Z
I see the Right gasket included in the B kit, but not the Left.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 04:48 PM

Liquid gasket only - 'Apply liquid sealant (TB1207B manufactured by Three bond or equivalent)' from the workshop manual. Hope it helps
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhoguk View Post
Liquid gasket only - 'Apply liquid sealant (TB1207B manufactured by Three bond or equivalent)' from the workshop manual. Hope it helps
Wow...that's a surprise. I guess there must be a good engineering reason why...perhaps it's the multi outline shape of the cover...I'd be interested to understand why. I'd actually sent Honda the query too so I'll see what they have to say.

Dobles did actually suggest to me it could be gasket sealant and I laughed saying Honda wouldn't do that...

Is there an access to the workshop manual on the internet? I'd like to read about changing that cover as there are a number of tapped receptors inside the cover which suggests that a range of mounting hardware will need to be transferred internally from the original to new case.

I'd like to consider making the change myself.

Thanks very much for your assistance this far.

Stuart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page