2018 AT DCT RAM mount for 6.3" phone - Page 4 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 11Likes

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:25 AM

Hmmmm - it's worth knowing about this issue (breaking phones), but I have been using an X-mount on the handlebars holding first an iphone 7 plus and now an iphone 8 plus for about 18 months in which time I have done 32k miles. So far I haven't had a problem. I don't take mine off road, but I bought another X-mount for my hybrid push bike on which I have done 2000miles in a year quite a lot off road on bad tracks. I think (hope) that mounting the Xmount on the handlebars is reasonably safe. I decided not to use the high mount in the screen even with Vlad's screen brace as the phone rattled around very violently even on tarmac.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 06:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
Hmmmm - it's worth knowing about this issue (breaking phones), but I have been using an X-mount on the handlebars holding first an iphone 7 plus and now an iphone 8 plus for about 18 months in which time I have done 32k miles. So far I haven't had a problem. I don't take mine off road, but I bought another X-mount for my hybrid push bike on which I have done 2000miles in a year quite a lot off road on bad tracks. I think (hope) that mounting the Xmount on the handlebars is reasonably safe. I decided not to use the high mount in the screen even with Vlad's screen brace as the phone rattled around very violently even on tarmac.
Mike
This is what happens when an iPhone X breaks. Offroad is where it seems most vulnerable and using the Quadlock (for me) not the X-Mount. I think maybe the arms of the X-mount maybe buffers the vibration better than the more solid Quadlock mount? In any case, I have had 4 camera failures while trying to use the Quadlock mount and so far none with the X-Mount. Maybe just lucky with the X-Mount, I am not sure. I have used the X-Mount in the past but switched to a Quadlock last year thinking the quick 1/4 turn and release would be more convenient.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Forum-Sha...G_0315-640.mp4

Last edited by Cuchulainn; 09-18-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page