My new Rocky Mayer Seat - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

Old 02-11-2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

My new Rocky Mayer Seat

I got a RMS seat for the 2016 AT in January. Was considering a Russell Daylong, which I have and love on my 2007 Yamaha FZ1, but checking the RMS site in mid December he had an offer of $150 off the normal $599 for vinyl seats as long as they were ordered by 12/24/18. I got a Honda low seat ordered to use the seat pan so I could keep the stock one as an option. Called RMS and talked to the owner Rocky and discussed color and vinyl options. I went with his recommendations and sent him the low seat along with some pictures of me on the bike and my measurements. I got it back about 2 weeks later. My bike's in storage but I had access to another AT so I mounted it and took some pix. It feels comfortable but I won't know until late March or April around here (Minnesota).
Anybody else have one of these? Let me know your opinions. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	47047   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	47049   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	47051   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	47053  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermike View Post
I got a RMS seat for the 2016 AT in January. Was considering a Russell Daylong, which I have and love on my 2007 Yamaha FZ1, but checking the RMS site in mid December he had an offer of $150 off the normal $599 for vinyl seats as long as they were ordered by 12/24/18. I got a Honda low seat ordered to use the seat pan so I could keep the stock one as an option. Called RMS and talked to the owner Rocky and discussed color and vinyl options. I went with his recommendations and sent him the low seat along with some pictures of me on the bike and my measurements. I got it back about 2 weeks later. My bike's in storage but I had access to another AT so I mounted it and took some pix. It feels comfortable but I won't know until late March or April around here (Minnesota).
Anybody else have one of these? Let me know your opinions. Thanks
At least you’ll be speaking the truth when you say “I spent hours in the saddle”!!!
Looks super comfy though

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in