Mosko Reckkess - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spud

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Mosko Reckkess

n00b

Looking at the Backcountry panniers or the Reckless 80 or 40 for my Africa Twin. Came across some posts pointing out mounting problems for the reckless on the Africa Twin. I'd like to hear from anyone running the reckless system on their Africa Twin.
Thanks,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 03:53 PM

Subscribed. Also interested in the Reckless.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:27 PM

I have the reckless 80 for my 2017 AT. Fits fine. It flairs a bit because of the wide passenger handgrips but it straps on securely without any problems, is still narrower than racks and hard panniers. I do have a SW motech top rack (I use a Kappa top case around town) that probably helps in securing the Reckless 80 over the standard AT rear rack. I only use the reckless 80 when I am on a trip. Used last year for 12 days and around 8500 km with absolutely no issues. Well made, well designed, allows you to carry a lot of gear. I never had any issues with it coming loose or shifting to any extent. When I dont need it, undo the 5 straps securing the harness and it is off the bike, simple couple minute task to install or remove once you get used to it ( I do check the straps occasionally to ensure nothing shifts or comes loose, but I do that with strapped on drybags also).
Good product, glad I bought it.
MildlyInterested likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud View Post
I have the reckless 80 for my 2017 AT. Fits fine. It flairs a bit because of the wide passenger handgrips but it straps on securely without any problems, is still narrower than racks and hard panniers. I do have a SW motech top rack (I use a Kappa top case around town) that probably helps in securing the Reckless 80 over the standard AT rear rack. I only use the reckless 80 when I am on a trip. Used last year for 12 days and around 8500 km with absolutely no issues. Well made, well designed, allows you to carry a lot of gear. I never had any issues with it coming loose or shifting to any extent. When I dont need it, undo the 5 straps securing the harness and it is off the bike, simple couple minute task to install or remove once you get used to it ( I do check the straps occasionally to ensure nothing shifts or comes loose, but I do that with strapped on drybags also).
Good product, glad I bought it.
Seriously looking at this also. Question...when you have the Reckless mounted, how far back does it sit on the SW Motech rack (I have the same)? Is there still room to mount another bag back there? Thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:29 AM

The reckless 80 is actually designed to mount over the passenger seat area. I tend to shift it rearwards a bit to allow myself more room. An aftermarket top rack makes securing the harness easier and there is lots of room for an additional drybag behind the R80. Not much of a photo taker, attached images are from last summer, the red bag is a 50l drybag. I had just picked up luggage from Mosko's warehouse and was still sorting out my packing technique (green cinch straps are much shorter now). If you mount it too far back you will run into exhaust pipe issues unless you install pannier racks, but the whole purpose of the R80 is to not need the scaffolding. It is designed for 1 up riding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	48117   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	48119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	48121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0100.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	48123  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the reply and pics. Very helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page