Nomad 8.5L pillion seat fuel tank - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:14 AM

Looks like a nice way to get extra range. Just a few question I did not see answers to on the website:

How do you fill the system now? I assume fill the main tank and the extra tank separately. So what happens when main tank is empty and extra tank is filled?
If you take the black version, how do you see what you have in this extra tank?

Thanks for your time to answer these, and thanks for the post

Why drive when you can ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage
You’re supposed to fill the main tank first, then the Auxiliary . If you open the main tank with a full Auxiliary, the main will overflow.
Fuel is drawn into the main via the vent hose so you will always empty the Auxiliary before the main empties.
Black tank - take the cap off and have a look, or dip it.
I don’t have one yet, but had a similar setup on a G650X Challenge
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:21 PM

Say Djairouks How do you like the Reckless 80?
Was thinking of going this way as opposed to the Mosko Moto panniers but wanted to know who has them
I called Mosko moto and they said they work fine on an AT

I have an 18 AT DCT

Any hot issues from the pipe?

Do you take the whole system off the bike very much or just tow the bags off?

Let me know your thoughts if you can

Birdman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Say Djairouks How do you like the Reckless 80?
Was thinking of going this way as opposed to the Mosko Moto panniers but wanted to know who has them
I called Mosko moto and they said they work fine on an AT

I have an 18 AT DCT

Any hot issues from the pipe?

Do you take the whole system off the bike very much or just tow the bags off?

Let me know your thoughts if you can

Birdman

Some details could be improved in my opinion on the lower attachment, but of all these kinds of designs, they sure are the most robust and well made,
I fell 2 or 3 times on dirt and pavement, the bag "frame" on the AT and basically can't see any damage on them, they might have protected the fairings
on the dirt fall, so it's a must i'd say if you're on adventure.

The "frame" kind of hangs on the rear passenger handles, but that's more of a visual thing the bags still fit fine and this even prevents the right side
from touching the exhaust, where on a KTM for example they'd fit much lower and on the exhaust.

Last summer in my 2 weeks spain tour I used it and it was plenty room for all clothes and my photography material in the "beaver" saddle part, every
evening i'd take my photography backpack and both waterproof sidebags out, go into the hotel and the "frame" stayed on, it's really convenient !
Also in summer I like to have it on all the time, getting beer packs in the "beaver" part, or wood for beach barbecue is so effective, I even can go buy
the cat's litter bags and drop them on each sides of the "frame" in place of the waterproof bags, this is really convenient to carry lots of different stuff,
where the Honda cases would sometimes not fit things easily, just need a sunny day.

Also when the sides are empty, you flatten them and tighten some of the fasteners, nothing flaps around even on highways I don't see much drag !

Cherry on the cake, is also that even if this is supposed to be and adventure motorcycle bag system, it fits also fine on my Fazer 8 so I didn't need to
invest on other bags for it, really recommended !
MildlyInterested likes this.

Last edited by Djairouks; 05-23-2019 at 01:54 AM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:59 AM

Thanks Djairouks Great review

Birdman
Djairouks likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:28 AM

Got my eye on these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djairouks View Post
Last summer in my 2 weeks spain tour I used it and it was plenty room for all clothes and my photography material in the "beaver" saddle part, every evening i'd take my photography backpack and both waterproof sidebags out, go into the hotel and the "frame" stayed on, it's really convenient !
Useful, thanks. If I need some high-volume luggage - currently eyeing up the Mosko Moto Duffel for weekend trips - the Reckless 80 will be at the top of the list. I have the Nomad tank bag, and it's a nice piece of kit.

2019 Africa Twin DCT in Matt Ballistic Black
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyInterested View Post
Useful, thanks. If I need some high-volume luggage - currently eyeing up the Mosko Moto Duffel for weekend trips - the Reckless 80 will be at the top of the list. I have the Nomad tank bag, and it's a nice piece of kit.
Look up Enduristan, I have a huge and very tough 80 Something liter rool top waterproof bag, they have other sizes which could go
in the beaver part of the mosko, because the original bag to me is really small I never use it.

https://shop.enduristan.com/at/index...1d89849a744cc0
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Yes, I've seen lots of reviews on Enduristan kit. Not fully convinced by them though.
The other idea I quite like is the Alt Rider Saddlebag setup.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyInterested View Post
Yes, I've seen lots of reviews on Enduristan kit. Not fully convinced by them though.
The other idea I quite like is the Alt Rider Saddlebag setup.
Let me tell you that the Mosko drybags are good, but next to them the Enduristan is twice as thick and construction is better.
Of course being Swiss it's easy and cheaper for me to buy Enduristan as it's a Swiss company, but as most Swiss things you get your money's
worth when you buy their stuff.

I have an Ortlieb drybag and used it in Scotland, second trip with it and honestly I'm allready seing some wear on it, my enduristan has been
as mistreated and it looks new, so that says a lot, I mean look at the Enduristan blog they travel with these bags on adventures.
MildlyInterested likes this.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:49 AM

Trade-offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djairouks View Post
Let me tell you that the Mosko drybags are good, but next to them the Enduristan is twice as thick and construction is better.
Always good to have feedback from somebody who has used both, so that is much appreciated. Durability is of course important, but it's not the only issue (after all, there is a trade-off in weight). If I get a chance to look at Enduristan kit in person I will take it.

I looked closely at the Sandstorm 4S tank bag before buying the Mosko Moto Nomad, and it seemed to me that significantly less thought had gone into the Sandstorm, which was only slightly cheaper. That's probably because it's welded construction to keep it waterproof without a cover, which the Mosko Moto guy mentioned somewhere limits what you can do compared to sewn construction. If you look at the Mosko Moto Hood tank bag, which is inherently waterproof, like the Sandstorm, it has similar internal construction. On the other hand, if you want a complex internal structure that requires sewn construction, that won't be as resistant to water ingress. So you pays your money and you takes your choice.

You do get a nice red interior with the Sandstorm though.
One thing is sure: we're lucky to have so many options.

Quote:
I have an Ortlieb drybag and used it in Scotland, second trip with it and honestly I'm allready seing some wear on it.
I have an Ortlieb messenger bag. It's nice, though simple, and it is waterproof, but it doesn't feel tough enough for motorcycle use. Pedal bikes on city roads, maybe, but not motorbikes in the dirt.

You ever live in the UK Djairouks? Your English is unusually good.

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page