Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

2018 Adv Sports DCT Lower crash bars?

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Jose Seki 
#1 ·
I'm trying to figure out a couple of things. I want some lower crash bars for the engine case and I want to keep my stock upper crash bars. I Thought it would be an easy task but maybe they dont exist. I also want to put on some Denali D2s but I cant seem to find a kit that will mount to the upper crash bars. I want the lights to be protected in case I dump it so they need to mount inside that zone. (if that makes sense?)

Thanks for any pointers!

Happy Trails!

#3 ·
Givi do indeed do lower crash bars and should be compatible.
As for the lights, I think Denali sell a specific mount for their lights, and sw motech do one for the oem bars too I think

#4 ·
Hepco & Becker do Engine Bars in Stainless Steel that are a pretty good match to the OEM Honda Upper Bars

SW Motech do light mounts suitable for the Denali D2 lights that bolt into the existing threaded inserts on your OEM Honda Upper Bars

Rugged Roads do the OEM Honda Fog Light Switch so you can install with a 'factory finish'

Here the ATAS with a set of Denali D2 lights (with Datadim module) mounted onto the OEM Honda Upper Bars using the SW Motech mounts.

https://youtu.be/QgOEVhrHRJ4

#5 ·
Fabulous!

Awesome. Thanks guys! Just ordered the crash bars (and a tool tube mount) accessoryinternational.com. Even though the mounts say 2016 the video you showed clearly states its a 2018 so ordering those too. Really appreciate the help.

I love this bike. Went from a KLR to the AT and I feel all grown up now :)

Cheers!

#7 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.