30mm Risers For Adventure Sport - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

30mm Risers For Adventure Sport

I am looking for 30mm risers for the AS. My upper back has shooting pain after about 30 minutes and my arms are straight while riding- I can't get far enough forward on the seat without putting the boys on the tank. It feels like if I had the handlebars more toward me it would help. I saw the 20mm touratech piece which I know works without moving cables, but would a 30mm be pushing it? There are a few SW motech 30mm pieces left floating on the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:17 AM

Rox makes several different versions. I put a 2-inch adjustable on mine (50mm). It can rotate back and forth. I'm 5ft9in (175.25cm) and they are working good for me. But I can only find the 2". Not sure the pivot risers come in a shorter version. Revzilla has them.

Oh, and I did have to get new cables made for the front brake. They don't give you much extra to play with on the standard configuration.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root View Post
Rox makes several different versions. I put a 2-inch adjustable on mine (50mm). It can rotate back and forth. I'm 5ft9in (175.25cm) and they are working good for me. But I can only find the 2". Not sure the pivot risers come in a shorter version. Revzilla has them.

Oh, and I did have to get new cables made for the front brake. They don't give you much extra to play with on the standard configuration.

That's disconcerting as I just ordered the ROX 2" isers and there was no mention of cables needing to be changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Garage
T-rex
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows if a 30mm riser will require cable adjustments. I would love to go for a 2 inch riser, but the last bike I went on a cable replacement bender on I ran in to issues that just frustrated me and I'd like to avoid that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 11:06 PM

I put Rox 1.5" displacement up/back, and needed no cable modification. I then removed them as it set the bars in a bad position for standing. Great for sitting, but excessively back for good control while on the pegs, but that is my body.

GL1800A, KLR 650, ATAS, 1972 CT2 Cessna Skylane
Fly low, fly high, but fly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page