Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Bagster seat/saddle

12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Squirrelly 
#1 ·
At the end of my European trip this summer the OEM Honda saddle had crucified my arse.
The last bike seat that hurt me that much was my old XRV750 Africa Twin.
So much for progress...

Comfort is of course subjective, but does anyone have a Bagster saddle?
Is it a direct replacement for the OEM; ie, does it still have, and allow the adjustment between the high and lower seat height setting?

Thanks

#4 ·
I've ordered a two-piece Bagster saddle in HRC tri colours from a German dealer as an early Christmas present for my arse.

I'll update when it arrives, although this will just be an update for the fit, looks and height.
As a fair-weather rider I don't foresee any long distance comfort tests coming up this side of Christmas.

Attachments

#8 ·
My new Bagster saddle arrived yesterday and other than having to move the Datatool Alarm tamper contact from underneath the standard saddle to the new one, fitting it was easy.

I've got the saddle fitted in the lower position (pictures attached) and it seems slightly taller than the OEM one but hopefully not so much that it poses a problem. It looks good with a Tri-colour bike (I think) but I'll have to wait for a long trip before I can comment on whether it improves the comfort - I'd be surprised if it could be worse!

If it helps others, The dealer that I bought it from listed it as 2015-2019.
My bike is a standard 2018 manual so from that it would seem that 2015-2019 seats are all the same fitting.
I can't speak for the ATAS obviously.

Cheers Paul.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
No. No pillion yet... or ever probably.
My wife just doesn't do bikes.

It looks like the rear seat is a bit thicker than original and the leading edge looks like it will stop pillions from sliding forward and give the rider a bit of a backrest.

I wasn't sure if it looked a bit king/queen to begin with, a look I'm not keen on, but it's not that much different to standard as I think the AT logo accentuates the step.

#11 ·
I've just been on a trip around North Wales and South Wales with the 'Big Trail Bike Club' - which incidentally, was the wettest weather that I've ever ridden through in 45 years of biking.. But I digress...

The Bagster saddle is the best £350 that I've ever spent on any bike bling - ever!
I didn't shuffle after 30 minutes. I didn't dangle my legs and I didn't climb off in agony after an hour, and... I didn't curse the saddle as the most uncomfortable arse-torturing design of the devil ever to escape from Japan.

People spend huge sums on noisy exhausts and suspension upgrades but let me tell you this... Junk the OEM perch for a Bagster saddle for the best bang per buck upgrade to your pride and joy.

Ahh.... ?

Cheers, Paul.

#13 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.