To sit with comfort - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 03:41 PM

Another Airhawk user here, the saviour of my boney derrière. Just remember that less is more when it comes to inflation. ;-)
Red Maverick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 09:44 AM

I have an Airhawk, and it helped, but it was kind of a PITA to use. I now have a Sargent which I really like.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Maverick View Post
Two recommendations for Sargeant seat and one for the Airhawk pad.

Any thoughts on a decent sheep skin option?

Anybody used memory foam?

Ta
I have a sheepskin from my XRV as that too was uncomfortable also some beads ,they will give some comfort but not a fix like my sargent seat and it looks good on my ATAS..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 02:18 PM

Tried an Airhawk but didn’t get on with it...plus it’s easily stolen if someone recognises what it is and wants one badly enough.

I’ve had two Sargent seats now, one on my 12GS and the AT. Absolute saviour on long trips and worth every penny.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks folks........you do like your Sargeants

Enjoy an Adventure
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 04:35 PM

Yep, Sargent seats are good according to my butt. The factory seat is fine for a couple of hours, but my butt says it is no good for several hours of riding. After 6+ hours of riding I find a need to stretch out my legs, but don't notice any complaints coming from my butt - that suggests the Sargent seat is a non-issue for long stints of riding. The forward slide with the stock seat doesn't seem to happen with the Sargent seat.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleywilma View Post
I have a sheepskin from my XRV as that too was uncomfortable also some beads ,they will give some comfort but not a fix like my sargent seat and it looks good on my ATAS..
Do you have pictures of it on the ATAS? I'm interested in the normal height version. I'm wondering how it's height compares to the stock ATAS seat - and how does it match up to the tank at the front? I saw an ATAS that had a big gap with a custom seat as though he had it in the low position - but was in the upper.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:58 PM

I have the sargent seat.. the standard. in the high position there is no gap, but in the low position there definitely is.

Although the standard sargent has the same seat height.. it feels lower and i reckon is somewhat lower due to the way its dished, rather than flat.

Robert Detjen likes this.

30th anniversary DCT 'Sport.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the picture Motobiker - it looks as though it is the same height as the AT seat, which I'm fine with. I reach the ground flat footed with the ATAS seat on high - but I run it low because the extra leg angle makes my knees clear the tank cutouts a little better.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detjen View Post
Do you have pictures of it on the ATAS? I'm interested in the normal height version. I'm wondering how it's height compares to the stock ATAS seat - and how does it match up to the tank at the front? I saw an ATAS that had a big gap with a custom seat as though he had it in the low position - but was in the upper.
Sorry havnt checked posts for a while but as you can see by the other posters pick it fits really good ,I feel slightly lower in the high position than the stock seat if that makes sense..and Its slightly wider, spreading the load.
I am hoping It fits the 2020 model just in case I ever upgrade as I love this seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page