Tank Bag Options?? - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
I have a Nomad, and the hydration pack is why I bought it. The horizontal partitioning makes it a bit hard to put non-flattish objects in, though. It's not big, and the hydration pack takes up some space.
What do you think of it overall? I really wanted to get one until I ran into someone who had one recently. I commented about how much I like those Nomad packs, but he said other than the hydration pack, he overall pretty much hated it. For the reason, you describe among others. This soured me on it a bit and I still haven't pulled the trigger.

My wife uses an Endurostan Sandstorm 4H on hers and I have had past experiences with the Endurostan bags on my KTM 1190. So I may just end up going down that road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 08:08 AM

Garage
SW Motech Evo Engage. Not a bad fit but a bit smaller than what you’re chasing. The City is a bit bigger and may suit you better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	51363  
Fat Bloke likes this.

Last edited by DardyRob; 12-07-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:24 AM

I'll keep you posted, but it might be a bit given the weather. I'm hoping it works out but if it feels like it's in the way I'll be selling it... Having the hydration pack on my back doesn't allow the air to flow around my Badlands Pro Jacket. Which makes it not cool as well in the Summer/warmer months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
What do you think of it overall? I really wanted to get one until I ran into someone who had one recently. I commented about how much I like those Nomad packs, but he said other than the hydration pack, he overall pretty much hated it. For the reason, you describe among others. This soured me on it a bit and I still haven't pulled the trigger.

My wife uses an Endurostan Sandstorm 4H on hers and I have had past experiences with the Endurostan bags on my KTM 1190. So I may just end up going down that road.
Cuchulainn likes this.

2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 10:10 AM

Depends on what you want to carry. A Nomad is bad for bulky objects, but good for organizing small ones, plus the hydration pack, so you have to decide why you want a tank bag. Mosko stuff is top of the line, but you don't always need that. They do make a couple of other bags.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 06:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvArt View Post
I'll keep you posted, but it might be a bit given the weather. I'm hoping it works out but if it feels like it's in the way I'll be selling it... Having the hydration pack on my back doesn't allow the air to flow around my Badlands Pro Jacket. Which makes it not cool as well in the Summer/warmer months.
I appreciate it. I have time. I won't need it until the weather starts to warm up again. I traded in my 2016 AT on an 2019 ATAS last August and finished out the season with my Klim backpack. I didn't really have much problem with that to be honest. But I have never had an issue fitting a reservoir into any brand tank bag for that matter either. I certainly don't require one "built" for it.

I had a Giant Loop Fandango on the 2016 and that was a great tank bag for the most part. The lone exception is I found the zipper to harness system to be a bit of a pain in the butt. But I might still go that route or the Enduristan in the end.

That or something like the Giant Loop or Wonderlich bar bag and stick with the backpack. Filling it 2/3 full of crushed ice and 1/3 full water made for a good combo last year.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 PM

I'm considering the Nomad Tank Bag as well. How does it fit on the ATAS tank? Pics would be appreciated!
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 04:20 PM

Garage
2018 Adventure Sport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_131351006.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	51371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_131408644.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	51373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_131434676.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	51375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_131451228.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	51377  

Ride More...Worry Less
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 05:56 PM

I have an SW Motech City EVO that just barely fits with bar risers on. I already had it on some other bikes and when I got the Africa Twin I just moved the mounting block on the bottom of the bag all the way forward so the bag rides as far as possible from the bars. Not cheap, but a good tank bag.

I have some electrical stuff wired up inside the bag and power the bag from an extra long SAE (battery tender) pigtail direct from the battery that comes out at the front of the tank. With tank rings on each of my bikes I can easily move the bag and all my goodies to whichever bike Iím riding that day.

-Fred W
2017 Africa Twin ABS
2014 FJR1300ES
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the pics! As a person who is not a fan of tank bags, it looks huge for me. I might go back to my blackhawk. Mine is an Xmas present so I can't mount or take pics till after Xmas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noivson View Post
2018 Adventure Sport

2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 03:55 AM

I am looking for a tankbag option for my Adventure Sports, and i kinda find it hard to get reliable information about if it actually fits without interfering with the handlebars.

It seems most ppl have the "regular" Africa Twin, and knowing that the Adventure Sports have handlebar risers by default and such, it is a wee bit of differences there. One other problem i have is that i live in Norway (Europe), and do not have access to all kinds of custom shops making bags. Sure, i can order from the US, but its a pita if it does not fit and i want to send it back. Customs/refund+++ would take weeks and probably end up in various amounts of fees making the refund useless. So, i would rather order from something a bit closer. This leaves me with options of more "known" brands - Givi, Sw-motech + maybe a few others.

What i have looked at so far is maybe the Sw-motech EVO City bag or the "micro" one. But as said about the city bag two posts up by 1 wheel drive : It barely fits with risers on (and from what i can see, he have the regular AT).

Can anyone with 100% confidence say they have used sw-motech EVO city bag with the ATAS without having any sort of conflict with the handlebars?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page