Tank Bag Options?? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Tank Bag Options??

Hey folks,

I'm in need of a decent tank bag, 15 litres in size or thereabouts, but the choices seem to be really limited for the AT.

I was going to go with the Givi xs320 (I think it is) and tank lock thingy, but I read a review that someone had bar risers and it interfered with the tank lock when installed. when you turned the handlebars it hit the release button. I also have bar risers, so looks like that option is out.

What is everyone using out there?? Wondering if there's a few makes/models I'm not familiar with that suit the shape of the tank.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:18 PM

I have a Nelson rigg tank bag that fits the slope of the tank and expands to be quite large- somewhere around 15 liters, I believe. Moderately water resistant, slides over beside the tank for fillups, and has an accessible, large map screen on top. I have risers on an AS model and I have no issues even with RAM mounts and **** sticking off my bars. I've been extremely happy with the bag. Inexpensive, resilient, hasn't scratched my tank in over a year, and holds a lot. I'll get the exact model. I think I paid about sixty for it. It holds a six pack of beer bottles with gloves, glasses, and my heat gear troller in a pinch without a fuss.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:23 PM

You get what you pay for with motorcycles, but this is definitely an exception to the rule. In fact, that really goes for NR in general, in my experience.

I added a better picture.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the pics. Hard to imagine what they actually look like on the bike when you only get to see online pics from sales websites.

That NR bag is one I've been considering, but wasn't sure if it was quite big enough for what I need. I do like the way it fits.

Thanks for your input. Appreciated!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Happy to help.

The only thing that took a minute was running the front straps. The nice thing is I have a fork deflector and it's not an issue. The straps sinch over it just fine.

Good luck.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM

I'm going with the Mosko Moto Nomad. I like the hydration pack is inside the tank bag so i don't have to wear it on my back. Right now Mosko Moto has 10% discount and free shipping. It's a limited time offer.

2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Yep, those Mosko Motos are a nice bag. It's just not big enough for the trip i'm taking. Sadly, I'm one of those losers that has to use a CPAP machine, so that will more than likely live in the tank bag for the 3.5 months I'm on the road. I'm pretty sure it won't fit in a Nomad..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 09:46 AM

I have a Nomad, and the hydration pack is why I bought it. The horizontal partitioning makes it a bit hard to put non-flattish objects in, though. It's not big, and the hydration pack takes up some space.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in