Royal Enfield 650 twins - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By RobertKLR
  • 1 Post By RobertKLR

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Royal Enfield 650 twins

"an air/oil-cooled 650cc parallel twin with four valves per cylinders, and 270-degree crank."
https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-roya...650-eicma-2017

The bikes are very good looking. $5K~$7K pricing is very appealing. If the performance is comparable to Yamaha's old air cooled 650 twin I could live with that.
cehanska likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:56 PM

I love the Enfields, but I had the displeasure of owning a Bullet 350: They look and feel great, but the issues with quality are constant, and maddening because the dealer support is nil. Kickstart lever broke. Shock mount weld failed under normal on-road riding. Electrical problems traced to bare wires in the harness shorting....etc.etc. The original Bullet was a trials champion....I really like the Himalayan as well, just hope they have vastly stepped up their quality.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehanska View Post
... just hope they have vastly stepped up their quality.
That seems to be the focus with these bikes. They are completely new designs from RE's new engineering department which used to be just a few enthusiasts, but now they are over 100 and well supported. But yes, without a better dealership network they may not be a good investment for someone just entering motorcycling. I'm 62 and there is a dealer in the Dallas area 350 miles away. I can see myself getting one maybe next summer. Not decided yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:44 PM

You may have to wait: So far neither the twins nor the Himalayan are available in the US...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehanska View Post
You may have to wait: So far neither the twins nor the Himalayan are available in the US...
"Helping riders to overcome their concerns will almost certainly be the new motorcycles price tag. Both models are expected to hit North America in summer 2018 with a targeted price range of US $5,000 - $7,000. The bikes will hit Europe before that in April though pricing information is not yet available."

https://rideapart.com/articles/royal...ed-motorcycles
cehanska likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page