New CRF450L and X - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fuelpincher

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

New CRF450L and X

Well what do You all think about the new CRF450"L" lots of trash talk on ADVRider.. so is it really just an X with some Road Legal gear. or do you think Honda done the hard yards getting it Down from High strung MX bike to genuine Mid-Long Range lightweight Dual Sport/adventure Bike to contend with the DRZ and WR-R?

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...ts-and-photos/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being."

Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Nusk450x; 06-01-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 08:09 AM

It is fun to phophesize...
It looks to me that it will certainly be better bike the the current 450x with a license plate on it but the mid/long range suitability remains to be seen.
Of course the cool titanium fuel tank will have to be swapped for a big plastic unit and the stock seat will have to go for long distance rides, unless one likes having chronic monkey butt.
i am not sure of the wisdom of putting a $500 LED headlight on a dirt bike, either. I am sure someone will offer a conventional unit to replace the smashed original.
The largest question will be the engine durability. Will adding a third piston ring and de-tuning the engine to 25bhp do the trick? My guess is that most owners will not be happy with the stock performance and will jack the power back up, resulting in a bike that will be a compentent trail bike but with the durability of a KTM.
Overall, I think the new bike will be best suited for a guy who lives near the trails and that is the reason I will probably buy one. I think my Queen will remain my adventure machine.
Nusk450x likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page