Hello and not an owner yet - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Hello and not an owner yet

Hi and thanks for the add.im a cb1300 owner at the moment and Iím off to the Pyrenees in June and on my return Iím hoping to weigh in the cb13 for an Africa twin.hoping to get some answers on mods and upgrades aswell as known issues and if someone could point me to the right topic thread,that would be good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:51 AM

A lot of reading here to be done. Depends on why you are interested in the AT and which flavor; DCT or manual. So far I really enjoy mine (2018 AT adventure sport DCT) but not a fan of the tube type tires. Already had 2 flats in less than 600 miles. So plan to go tubeless soon.

Bike rides well, good power but wouldn't mind about 20hp more. The DCT is an awesome option. I can manually shift it or let it be fully auto. Traction control works well and easy to disable.

Wind protection is ok but need a better windscreen. The stock LED headlights are excellent. Fuel economy is great and with the 6+ gallon tank I can go over 300 miles without refueling. Seat is pretty comfy so far so no major complaints.

If you never plan on going offroad much better, or at all, there are better bikes (BMW S100XR, Ducati Multistrada are superior road bikes) but if you want to do some trails to it will do a pretty good job there as well. Keep in mind a 500 pound dirtbike is a pig to left if it falls at the end of a long riding day.

Lastly for the money you can pick up a leftover one they are a screaming bargain. At least in my area. A lot of bike for the money and typical Honda quality.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 09:48 PM

Garage
My advise is to buy a 2019, so you won't have to deal with highly probable fork issues. Sorry to be a bummer there, but it is an issue. And you did ask.

One cool & froody dude who knows where his towel is!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page