Insurance - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Insurance

Hello members🏍️ I am picking up my Africa Twin Adventure sports on Saturday.l have had some shocking quotes as the bike is not recognised on insurance database any ideas please thanks Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Did you just simply try Honda CRF1000L? Worth a shot.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM

I think insurance varies quite a bit from country to country and region to region. Here in Alberta, Canada and a middle-aged rider with years of experience, it's pretty cheap to insure for a full year about $350 with full coverage.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." – Robert Louis Stevenson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisATAS View Post
Hello members🏍️ I am picking up my Africa Twin Adventure sports on Saturday.l have had some shocking quotes as the bike is not recognised on insurance database any ideas please thanks Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
Did you just simply try Honda CRF1000L? Worth a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfunkomatic View Post
I think insurance varies quite a bit from country to country and region to region. Here in Alberta, Canada and a middle-aged rider with years of experience, it's pretty cheap to insure for a full year about $350 with full coverage.
Thanks for your reply’s I found the AA 🏆really cheap 🏍️I have 0 no claims £613.00 and the only company to recognise ATAS😊
superfunkomatic likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisATAS View Post
Thanks for your reply’s I found the AA 🏆really cheap 🏍️I have 0 no claims £613.00 and the only company to recognise ATAS😊
I am with MCE £140 for the year!!! fully comp.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by African Queen View Post
I am with MCE £140 for the year!!! fully comp.
MCE are ok if you don't mind the massive excess on the policy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 PM

Here in VA, USA... 57 year old rider, clean record - for 2018 ATAS: All the requisite liability stuff and full collision coverage ($500 deductible) -- $179/ yr.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Gary

MrRobb likes this.

2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports - Manual.
Setup: Givi Tall Sport Touring Windscreen; Hepco & Becker Lower Engine Guards; Hepco & Becker Handle Bar/ Hand Guard Protectors; Hepco & Becker Tank Guard Soft Bags for OEM Uppers; HTTMT Kickstand Pad Extender (Red);
RAM Mounts X-Grip; Swegotech Forkshield; Touratech Zega Mundo Panniers and 2018 Rack (31/38L); Touratech 20mm Bridged Handlebar Riser; OEM center stand; OEM skid-plate, uppers and tires.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:12 PM

Down in Fl here its nice . If you can pay cash for your bike ,no lien, PIP ins is all you need. My full dresser Harley is $5/month or $60 a year. My AT that I pick up Sunday , should be about the same. 10 yrs been here and can't tell you how much I've saved. I'm not one of those people that need "piece of mind".

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobb View Post
Down in Fl here its nice . If you can pay cash for your bike ,no lien, PIP ins is all you need.... I'm not one of those people that need "piece of mind".
I'm pretty sure VA is the same way. Paid cash for my bike too, but I'm happy to pay the $179 yearly for the peace of mind - I am one of those guys, can't deny it.

If I have to lay her down hard, it won't hurt so much. But God forbid... more worried about my bones than the bike at this stage of my life.

Gary

2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports - Manual.
Setup: Givi Tall Sport Touring Windscreen; Hepco & Becker Lower Engine Guards; Hepco & Becker Handle Bar/ Hand Guard Protectors; Hepco & Becker Tank Guard Soft Bags for OEM Uppers; HTTMT Kickstand Pad Extender (Red);
RAM Mounts X-Grip; Swegotech Forkshield; Touratech Zega Mundo Panniers and 2018 Rack (31/38L); Touratech 20mm Bridged Handlebar Riser; OEM center stand; OEM skid-plate, uppers and tires.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:45 PM

Insurance

52 yrs old in texas clean record. With progressive i have 2harleys the twin, yamaha rhino and a polaris rzr full coverage on all 506$ a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrRobb likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page