New AT AS owner from Germany - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuchulainn

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

New AT AS owner from Germany

Hello World,

A month ago, I traded my Honda NC750X with a 2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports. I am from Hanover, Germany, 60 years old, and am interested in learning and benefitting from your experiences as well as establishing relationships with forum users who are reciprocally interested.

I hope to cruise to the UK next year. I did so in 2017 to visit some friends in the West Midlands, and that was simply great. Maybe there are some forum members out there I could possibly meet. Anyway, I am hoping for a good forum membership experience.

Greeetz, Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:14 AM

Garage
Welcome Thomas! Congratulations on the purchase of your new Africa Twin Adventurer Sports. I hope that it brings you many miles of smiles and memorable travels

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
tho_schmitz likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:10 PM

Hi Thomas and welcome. I live in Yorkshire England which is the home of some of the best sights and biking roads in the UK so if you come over next year and want some company let me know. I have an ATAS and regularly tour abroad and regularly ride parts of Germany. Best Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:36 PM

Das Willkommen Thomas. If you carry a passenger, then the Honda passenger comfort foot pegs are well worth it. Check to see if the dealer gave you any tools. The Africa Twin is supposed to come with a decent set of tools - but most of us got only the screwdriver and a bit of a cable (for locking a helmet?). If you want to mount a GPS or phone to the crossbar above the dash - then don't, because the bar will bend easily. Get a windscreen brace from Camel ADV and mount to it. They are having a sale with 15% off right now (I paid full price a few days ago...). https://camel-adv.com/products/afric...ndscreen-brace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page