Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Traction control over sensitive.

8K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  lvhdudeJoe 
#1 ·
I have had new spokes fitted to my wheels and also had Pirelli scorpion mt90 fitted. Since then my traction control is comiing on over the slightest bumps on tar road which wasn't happening before. Tire sizing is same but I know some tires are a bit bigger with different tread patterns. Has anyone else noticed this after changing tires?
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I am trying to figure out why this is happening. I do not have TC but I do have MT90's and they are definitely not letting go under acceleration.

What tyre pressure are you using ? Perhaps you need to add in some compression damping in an effort to stop the wheel bouncing over bumps as there may be slightly more elasticity in the deeper block tread on this tyre, causing it to bounce more than the OEM's ? I suppose there is also the aspect of how tight the new spokes were laced. Otherwise I cannot figure out why this is happening.

#6 ·
Just a shot in the dark really. My thinking that a loosely tensioned wheel might have more spring in it.

As mentioned above the front wheel could be the culprit also. Are there any wheel vibes, as in do they need balancing ?

#11 ·
Perhaps there was also an element of scrubbing in the tyres combined with overly sensitive TC.

I don't have TC on my AT but it is on my Triumph and most of the time on that bike I am not even aware of it until I am on a gravel surface and even then it is not overly intrusive.

I suspect a software change could cure the AT's issue in this regard ?

#15 ·
Hello,
Just bought a 2016 AT CRF1000-A and I don't find a difference in the engine power with or without the traction control set at any of the 3 levels. I haven't really pushed the engine really hard, maybe you only notice the TC when you accelerate hard or should you feel it at any rpms?

Flavio.
Lima, Peru.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.