Notifications link taking me to subscriptions... - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AfricaTwinAdmin

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Notifications link taking me to subscriptions...

...and I can't see my notifications

Using Chrome on Windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey Davidji,

Have you cleared your cache and cookies to see if there is any improvement to see your notifications? Are you able to see your them on a different browser or does the issue persists? Does anything happen when you click on the notifications or the page remains static at that point? Or does it redirect you to a different page that's not where your notifications are? If there is an error message, what does it say?

Apologies for the 21 questions but it helps to speed things up along the way - thanks for understanding!

Cheers,
Natalie

If you need Admin support please post here: https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum...ormation-help/
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricaTwinAdmin View Post
Hey Davidji,

Have you cleared your cache and cookies to see if there is any improvement to see your notifications? Are you able to see your them on a different browser or does the issue persists? Does anything happen when you click on the notifications or the page remains static at that point? Or does it redirect you to a different page that's not where your notifications are? If there is an error message, what does it say?

Apologies for the 21 questions but it helps to speed things up along the way - thanks for understanding!

Cheers,
Natalie
Hi Natalie,

Yes I've cleared cookies and cache.

It seems to work in firefox: there when I click notifications I get a drop down list to select from. In chrome it just takes me to subscriptions--which I don't have, and aren't what the notifications are from.

But I don't use firefox. Maybe I should: it warned me that the login isn't secure.

Thanks,
David

Last edited by davidji; 05-11-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey there,

The "login is not secure" blurb you have receive din FF is a feature that was added recently. Nothing to be alarmed about.
What skin are you using when you com across the notification issue within chrome?

Richard.

If you need Admin support please post here: https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum...ormation-help/
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What skin are you using when you com across the notification issue within chrome?
Not sure what that means. Under settings->themes, I have the default theme.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Garage
Do you have any add-ons in your chrome browser?

Kyle
davidji likes this.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Kyle. It seems to be related to browser extensions. I disabled all, restarted Chrome and it's OK. Also the <like> button had stopped working and I just verified that fixed it as well.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
Which ones do you have it's likely only one of them.

Kyle

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Which ones do you have it's likely only one of them.

Kyle
It was Ublock. Ublock helped with this site in another sense though. With no add blocker or with Adblock, 1st login attempt often failed. It's as if ad scripts/actions are interfering with accepting the browser-stored password, at least on the 1st attempt. I've seen the same behavior with another forum. Works fine when I have ublock enabled.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey,

Can you please try adding static.verticalscope.com and comet-admin.verticalscope.com to your whitelist domains and see if that will allow you to keep using the site properly while leaving your ad blocker enabled?

~Sheena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page