Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

New 8.5L gas tank to replace rear seat

18K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  catalin.alexandru 
#1 ·
Nomad Fuel Tanks have released a new 8.5L tank for the AT that replaces the rear seat. It enables you to quickly replace the seat with a tank then put the seat back on when you don't want the extra range, there are three bolts to undo to swap out the tank and two quick break fuel line connectors. All seems to work very well.
https://www.nomadtanks.com.au/product/tank-no-12-8-5-litres/
With the RR rear carrier I have installed I could have packed it up in height slightly to clear the new tank or trimmed the edge where they meet, I trimmed the edge. I used to run a 6L Acerbis tank on the rear carrier and a 5L fuel bladder, this new setup should cover me most of the time and will only need to break out the bladder on longer sections.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·

Attachments

#11 ·
Great idea and will suit some riders for sure.
As an alternative, you could fit a Camel tank which adds 7ltrs (It says 6.5ltrs in the information but I have physically added 7ltrs when refilling) and keep the rear seat free for your partner or luggage. Or add both and never look back :)

That looks like the chain guard will smash into it the first time you hit a bump. Is it hollowed out in the middle to provide clearance?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.