Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum - View Single Post - The DCT and you....
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
AT-Dragon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr View Post
I have a 2018. Unless I am in a real hurry, I just leave it in D. My fuel economy is definitely better that way. If I am in a more aggressive mood I'll use S1 or S3. If a lot of twisty turns and I'm riding aggressively I go with the manual mode. So about 80-90% of my riding ends up being in just plan ol' D.

I have noticed it is fairly responsive to down shifts when in D but it seems to be more of a function of how quickly I twist the throttle and/or if WOT. The DCT is what prompted me to buy the AT anyway and so far I am very happy with it. I have a 1260 Multistrada and a S1000XR ADV bikes and I have maybe only put 500 miles on them since buying my AT AS. That is a good indicator of how much I just enjoy riding the AT.
A good portion of my commute roads are 35mph, so D just doesn’t work for me for my dally commute, but I totally agree with you on the fuel economy point IF I could use D more often my fuel efficiency would be waaaayy better. Because D is all about getting to high gears as quick as possible and giving you the BEST fuel economy it possibly can...

“If necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.” A.A.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome