Pannier racks. - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Pannier racks.

My 2017 Africa Twin and I tend to do shorter runs, but make one or two longer camping rides a year. We fall alot, and dont mind gear that has seen hard use as long as it is fully functioning, has all the parts, and doesnt come with any surprises. Looking for racks with a brace for offroad use (SW-Motech, Happy Trails). Let me know.
Thanks,
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Why don't you buy a set of Tusk that's what Id buy if they made them for the 2018 AT, soon hopefully!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:23 PM

I have a 2018 ATAS. I got touratech pannier racks and mounted tusk panniers on with a happy trails universal 4 point mounting kit. The touratech rack, while expensive, is very tough 18mm steel and can take plenty of tip overs. The tusk boxes are an incredible value! I bolted large drawer pulls onto the lids so I can carry them around like suitcases.

Edit: I wanted to add that the touratech rack not only clamps onto the 4 pannier slots but it also bolts in under the passengers foot peg and there’s a cross brace between the two sides of the rack. I would trust it off-road.

2018 ATAS

Last edited by Jdog998; 06-11-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:10 PM

If you're after hard luggage and money is no object then I'd recommend Jesse Luggage. If you plan to go offroad, which it sounds like you do, then I personally wouldn't use hard panniers (fear of injuring my leg/ankle) and go with a soft set up. Use whatever rack you want like Givi, Heppco Becker, Touratech etc and use soft bags like Wolfman. I run HB racks with Wolfman Expedition Dry Bags. Mosko Moto has a neat set up but I don't care for the big plates that stay fixed to the racks....though the convenience is hard to beat. You know that saying...."Opinions are like Aholes....everybody has one." Ha!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:01 PM

If you are interested in the Hepco and Becker rack I have a brand new one never fitted that i was offering for sale

Hepco & Becker Pannier Rack .. Lockit
For Sale Brand new Hepco & Becker Lock it Pannier racks for AT 2016-2017.

https://www.hepco-and-becker-luggage.co.uk/products/ Code: 650994 00 01

I bought these with the intention of mounting hard cases and a top box ... i bought the top box and have decided to go with top box and soft dry bag if i need extra capacity

Cost 220 new .... never mounted to the bike .. will accept 150+del ... Happy for local pick up Kent UK

Attached Thumbnails
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
My 2017 Africa Twin and I tend to do shorter runs, but make one or two longer camping rides a year. We fall alot, and dont mind gear that has seen hard use as long as it is fully functioning, has all the parts, and doesnt come with any surprises. Looking for racks with a brace for offroad use (SW-Motech, Happy Trails). Let me know.
Thanks,
Peter

Are you looking for just the racks or panniers also?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Just the rack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page