Greetings from a future Africa Twin owner! - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Greetings from a future Africa Twin owner!

Hey guys,

So I just recently ordered my new Africa Twin, and am hoping to receive it within the month.

Which means it's time to start researching upgrades.

My first upgrade will have to be the exhaust!

So far I definitely like the Termignoni, and will probably be choosing between the slip on or full system option.

I figure it's the best option since Honda has been displaying it on their factory demo bikes at some of the shows, and it certainly looks great!

Also there is a shop close by to me in Vegas - BellissiMoto - that has them (and said they would hook me up with a good deal ), but before I spend the money, I wanted to know your opinions.

Has anyone here ordered the Termignoni exhaust yet?

How do you like it?

What other upgrades should I be ordering right away?

Let me know, I appreciate your insights!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 08:13 PM

Congrats on deciding on the AT. You will love it.

I prefer the look and sound of the stock exhaust over any of the aftermarket ones i have seen and heard. which is only a few over youtube, but I like a quiet bike when I am out in the woods. The stock exhaust has a really nice note, sounds a bit italian.

My first upgrades if you are going off road would be to drop to a 15 tooth sprocket up front, and install a better skid plate, and crash bars. The bike is going to fall over if you take it off road unless you are just an amazing rider, its heavy and tall and when you are going slow and it starts to tip there isnt any chance of saving it.

The stock pegs are really tiny too. Got some pivot pegz and its not for everyone but i love them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page