My new Africa Twin and accessories! - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 20Likes

post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Received my order today from R&G. All looks very good quality and will help keep the bike intact and protected, which is my main priority for now. Will post pictures once all installed. Figured out the front fender after watching a YouTube video. The Denali soundbomb ďminiĒ is not so mini in your hand but will still fit fine in the oem spot. Canít wait to hear the noise difference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0768FF09-2833-41EC-827F-41B611A03342.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	46909  
superfunkomatic likes this.

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:41 AM

Denali mini could be a tight fit on full left lock - will be interested in how you get on as it is on my wanted list. I managed the fenda extender with mudguard in situ. but I had the pyramid version which could be stuck on before I used the rivets.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:47 AM

I also went for rear hugger (in white natch!) which I further extended at the front to protect the rear shock from road muck. It was my second one as first cracked when I put it on and in use due to stresses (drilled holes weren't in correct place). I did feedback to the designer at Pyramid when they gave me another one. I had to extend holes a few mm then mount on rubber washers but seems good now. No idea if they have taken into account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgman View Post
Denali mini could be a tight fit on full left lock - will be interested in how you get on as it is on my wanted list. I managed the fenda extender with mudguard in situ. but I had the pyramid version which could be stuck on before I used the rivets.
Denali supply a purpose made bracket for the AT to mount the Soundbomb on theLH side of the engine. It works well and is fairly unobtrusive.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I also went for rear hugger (in white natch!) which I further extended at the front to protect the rear shock from road muck. It was my second one as first cracked when I put it on and in use due to stresses (drilled holes weren't in correct place). I did feedback to the designer at Pyramid when they gave me another one. I had to extend holes a few mm then mount on rubber washers but seems good now. No idea if they have taken into account.
I will ask before I order.

30th anniversary DCT 'Sport.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:35 AM

If you loosen the bar clamps the rubber in the risers may spring back to normal position, if that's what you're seeing.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Just checked, seems it might be a tightish fit but should be okay. The Denali mini is wide in diameter but not massively thick at the top, where it will be closest to the fork. They supply also a new mounting double plate metal thingy, which I think is slightly longer than the oem one so should bring the horn a bit lower. I'll try installing tonight if I have time and will update.

The R&G fenda extender also has the sticky tape, but I'll remove the fender anyway to see how it works and do a clean install. I want to put some sikaflex ebt on the inside joint too so it will stop dirty water leaking through the tape over the fenda extender and will also dampen any vibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxply View Post
Denali supply a purpose made bracket for the AT to mount the Soundbomb on theLH side of the engine. It works well and is fairly unobtrusive.
Just to clarify:
If you mean left hand side on the actual side of the bike then I think you mean the bracket for the full Denali Soundbomb 120db version?. That looks good and is probably ridiculously loud but was more expensive and requires additional wiring, not plug and play.

If you mean the left hand side of the radiator at the front, then yes, the 2 layer metal bracket supplied should be a bit longer to increase clearance.

Kawasaki ER-6N (KIA)
Honda XL1000V Varadero (sold, sadly)
Africa Twin 2018 manual,red (my new baby)
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:21 PM

Have you got a link to the mirror extenders? I've noticed my elbows in my mirrors mostly....
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
Have you got a link to the mirror extenders? I've noticed my elbows in my mirrors mostly....

eBay item number:
Motorcycle Mirror Extender-Riser-Extension Bracket Black 10mm - M10 Suit Honda
Seller information
road-and-race-online (59448 Feedback score: 59448

If you go for different ones, make sure they actually rise up too and not just out or on the right side you'll have clearance issues with the throttle cables. If you have the 2018 model with tbw you'll be fine with any. These come in singles, there are some cheaper ones in pairs, but these looked good and work well.
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM

Thanks for that. :-)

Yes mine is a 2018 so I'll order a pair of these.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page